PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's "EndWar"

Gambit7
11-08-2007, 04:21 AM
http://endwargame.us.ubi.com/index.php

zomg

boudreux
11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
wish this came out on PC!! Awesome video. Previews seem pretty positive as well.

westyfield
11-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I think it is coming out on PC. looks pretty good, the voice activation thingy sounds really cool.

RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
11-09-2007, 01:34 AM
PS3 and 360 only.

LOL a console RTS.

CingularDuality
11-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Ubi has repeatedly said that it will be released for PC, PS3 and 360 in Spring '08. Where in the world are you guys hearing that it's console only?

Atomic Dog
11-09-2007, 05:18 AM
I seriously hope it's console so there are some significant hopes in upgrading my PC.

boudreux
11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
When it was first announced way back, I heard PC as well, but since then, I've just seen consoles referenced. At the bottom of the trailer page, it doesn't have the big PC logo, just PS3 and 360. Also, no PC is listed here - http://search.ign.com/products?query=endwar

Wikipedia has PC listed though, but it could be from old articles. Hope I'm wrong, if even just for the persistent multiplayer.

westyfield
11-09-2007, 08:21 AM
I don't see why they'd make a game like this and not put it on PC, a problem I'm thinking of is if they make it easier for console gamers (harder to select units etc.) then just port it to PC.

IMI-50AE
11-09-2007, 01:13 PM
It would be nice if they put it on the PC, I prefer my RTS games on the PC rather than the console. It just feels weird trying to play a strategy game on a console.

Zoopy
11-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Universe At War was made cross platform (PC and 360) and it is terrible. Console RTS requires too much simplification for it to translate directly to a PC and be good.

IMI-50AE
11-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Maybe the improbable will happen and they will make a console version AND a separate, more complicated and in-depth PC version. I don't know, maybe a little like C&C3?

Chiefmedicman
10-30-2008, 11:17 PM
If you are all interested in this game please read this post
http://www.tacticalgamer.com/general-discussion/127189-chiefmedicman.html

Extinct
11-01-2008, 05:31 AM
Really good video, would be amazing if they made it for PC as well.

TactiKill Jay
11-29-2008, 05:42 PM
EndWar is an amazing console RTS. I've played just about every PC RTS that there is and EndWar still impressed me. It's probably the most fluid and easy to navigate RTS that I've ever played on the console or PC. With that said I'm not so sure how well it would be received on the PC, some things about it would definitely have to change, which is probably why it has yet to release on the PC, one of the reasons at least.

Basically as good and strategic as it is, it's still very watered down. I was very disappointed to learn about all of the features that they had in EndWar, but essentially removed from the game. Things like weather effects, fatigue, weaker armor ratings for the side and rear of vehicles, morale, and so on. If they add those back in along with some other minor tweaks we could be looking at the best RTS to date, if modern warfare and realism is your thing.

TOUSHI
02-13-2009, 11:01 AM
I dont normally play these strat games... I'm not that pacient and I really dont like thinking this far ahead but I was recomened this game by a good friend and after trying it.. ireally did like it..... its get tedious sometimes but you just have to find a way of hanging on :)

VegaBond
02-25-2009, 01:16 PM
Anyone get pc version?

Hellswaters
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Well I am going to go pick it up today. After playing it for a bit ill say how it is, on pc.

peardog
03-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Voice control is BLEH!!.. Not impressed... Not a big fan of this game.. I think World In Conflict was done better.. But that's my 2 cents..

VegaBond
03-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah I was disappointed in this and hawx

Where is Spinter cell and rainbow six.. Not these other games, last time I look at something with a clancy logo..

Hellswaters
03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Well, I do find WiC better than End War, I do enjoy it. The voice command could use work, alot of the time I find it thinking I said the wrong thing. However, other than that, it does have its moments. Unfortunately, I find the multiplayer community is dead. The skimishs no one is playing (yet to see a game in it) and the theater of war (the conquer the world online mode) is also dead. I have had a few missions in it, but most of the time no luck getting any in it.

There are also a few annoying bugs which need to get patched as well, but overall, I dont find it that bad of a game.