PDA

View Full Version : Request more administrators

tr0gd0r3
02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Can we nominate some new admins to get something done with the server, and perhaps promote TG in some way to get games going again more consistently?
I'm not discrediting the current admins for what they've done, it just seems a lot of them are too busy to do anything anyone requests anymore whether it be server maintenance, or just play anymore.

I really, personally, feel Ag should have an opportunity with admin privileges, if he feels he is up for it.
He's clearly loyal, and looks for ways to improve the server, and has contributed to seeding the server countless times.
I think if he has some sort of FTP access as well, he could possibly figure something out with the server? We found one issue... The commander typing text causes massive server lag on NS_Tanith (Unsure if the map is relative to the situation).

Anyways, if I just haven't noticed I apologize, I still feel Ag should have the chance.

Dr. Pepper PhD.
02-12-2008, 03:07 AM
Couple things, one I agree with Ag for admin, except he admitted to me the lack of technical knowledge with which he could implement the solution the the current server problem. With that said I believe that Ag would be a good admin just to be an admin. Heck there didn't used to be any night where the server would go admin free... now it seems to be a consistent thing. He is always seeding, and often playing. Plus he looks at things in a fair nature and isn't quick to jump to conclusions.

Second. I still believe Wyz is the best candidate for the one to fix the server yet he said himself, he has not the time since his child has been born.

As for the other admins, the other day Kormendi mentioned that he had to download hlsw as he didn't even have NS installed anymore. And a quick check of steam tells me that poker hasn't been online since early January. It just seems to me like the admins of yesterday don't have time to play or just be admins (not discrediting their achievements and success). I did see zib on yesterday, and thane on not too long ago, but Squeak and Keres I haven't seen since I got back. I'm probably missing a few but that shows that they are not active either.

Also, no the map does not matter, we thought it was only on ns_lost for the longest time

Katana-
02-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I would also vote for aga as an admin. He is online all the time, and is fair minded, has the server and the TG ideals in mind when he plays, and has really put forth a lot of effort recently to keep the server up and running and good games going.

Avs
02-20-2008, 12:26 AM
Man after all this time I thought Aga was already an admin.

Slayer of Hippies
02-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Aga should be a TGNS admin if he wants.

Dead_Meat
02-20-2008, 11:13 AM
i think Ag would make a good admin as long as it doesn't interfere with his comming duties

TheFeniX
02-20-2008, 04:07 PM
i think Ag would make a good admin as long as it doesn't interfere with his comming dutiesDidn't affect wyzcrak.

FireFly
02-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Just as long as Ag promises not to get married and/or have kids.... ;)

Slayer of Hippies
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
No worries there. :P

tr0gd0r3
02-26-2008, 12:29 AM
No worries there. :P

Zing!!

Anyways, I see no reason why he shouldn't, and since I'm as amazing as I am, it's pretty much settled.

ImAWuss
02-26-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd like to see a "We need more active players" thread before more admins are added.. lol.

Turbinator
02-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd like to see a "We need more active players" thread before more admins are added.. lol.

lol

ChopStick
03-03-2008, 01:29 AM
Who's to say active admins wouldn't help in that regard? Plus I've seen the server seeded pretty much every night this week.

ImAWuss
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Who's to say active admins wouldn't help in that regard? Plus I've seen the server seeded pretty much every night this week.

Yep. And it's been great!

FireFly
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Except that by the time it was seeded and NS games were rolling along... it was WAAYYY past my bedtime =( Do I sacrifice my sleep for NS? Hmmm...

ImAWuss
03-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Firefly, how is that even a question? Epic NS games on TG > Life!

FireFly
03-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Yeah, just I stayed up to seed the server and couldnt hang around when NS started to be played. Is nobody around to play at 8pm Eastern? If I dont see anyone trying to seed by 9-10pm Eastern, I just go to bed.

Dr. Pepper PhD.
03-05-2008, 03:45 AM
I usually get it seeded by 8 when I have the time. Just in time for me to have to go hang out... I work weird hours and hang out with friends at the time I usually would be playing NS, so when i get to play in the good games is rare, but i still do my part

tr0gd0r3
03-08-2008, 01:39 PM
You know what a good way of seeding is?
Invite every single person in the community to chat, wait 2 minutes, tell them to join server...
Usually get around 4-6 people like that alone.
For those of you who find receiving a message is "Annoying" or a disturbance, it must suck to be that irritable I guess. I don't find it annoying at all, it's like any other message you might receive.

Turbinator
03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
You know what a good way of seeding is?
Invite every single person in the community to chat, wait 2 minutes, tell them to join server...
Usually get around 4-6 people like that alone.
For those of you who find receiving a message is "Annoying" or a disturbance, it must suck to be that irritable I guess. I don't find it annoying at all, it's like any other message you might receive.

I got tired of doing that, :(.

There should me an option added by valve to send same message to all ppl on ur friends list.

tr0gd0r3
03-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Dunno, sending messages = saving an hour of seeding.
I got tired of seeding, so I sent messages.

xtcmen
03-12-2008, 10:47 PM
I think I should be an admin.

FooKer
03-16-2008, 09:47 PM
I think I should not be an admin.
I agree. =D