PDA

View Full Version : Empire Deluxe

Bernout
02-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Anyone remember this game?

I've been meaning to post this for a while but the game is actually alive and well at:

http://www.killerbeesoftware.com

I'm actually thinking of picking up the Internet Edition if anyone is interested in playing a game. I'm hoping we can set up a game like with Civ 4 Pitboss where you can just leave a server running and then players can connect to it anytime they like to do their turn.

Bernout

El_Gringo_Grande
02-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Ahh yes. I downloaded the demo, but haven't had time to play.

Wasted many hours on this game back on my Amiga 2000. This, civilization, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Bandit Kings of Ancient China. Great games all.

Empires was easy to learn but had a lot of depth to it.

I just can't believe how much they are charging for it. If it was < $20 I would already own it. But at $35 a bit steep.

Bernout
02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Ahh yes. I downloaded the demo, but haven't had time to play.

Wasted many hours on this game back on my Amiga 2000. This, civilization, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Bandit Kings of Ancient China. Great games all.

Empires was easy to learn but had a lot of depth to it.

I just can't believe how much they are charging for it. If it was < $20 I would already own it. But at $35 a bit steep.

The $35 is for the Enhanced Edition. I'm not sure if I'm going to get it because as you mentioned, one of the benefits of the original version was its simplicity which made it easy to learn. I'm kind of on the fence on this though...need to dig a bit more into what they added to the game.

The Internet Edition, which is basically the original Empire Deluxe, is $27.

You can also get a network only Enhanced Edition for $20. This might be an option if we could get enough people interested where one person buys the full game for $35 and hosts the server and then the rest just connect. This of course only works if you are interested only in MP and don't want to do any SP games.

I played it a lot in the past as well! Weewar kind of got me thinking of it because it is a similar concept. I think I'd prefer playing Empire more because the maps are bigger and you have fog of war. This gives more room for tactics and makes it less chess-like.

Bernout