PDA

View Full Version : Men of war

socomseal93
03-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Men of war is a brand new micro managing focused WW2 RTS. Men of war features Russian forces,British forces,American forces,German forces, and Japanese forces. MOW (stands for Men of war) is unlike other RTSs, there is no base building involved. Each player is spawned at random location at the start of the game. To get more forces you call units from offmap with points. At the start of a game the host is able to adjust your income of points per minute, you can also earn points by killing the enemy. After spending a predefined amount of points you no longer get an income per minute and it is up to you to kill enemies and preserve the units you have.

Men of war offers 7 game modes, victory flag, combat, assault and defend, vital cargo, battle zones,coop, and free for all. The objective of victory flag is to take and hold a flag in the middle of the map for a set time. The objective of combat is very different from victory flag, your job is to eliminate as many enemy as possible but at the same time preserve your forces. Assault and defend is just what it sounds like, One team assaults and tries to take a postion while the other team defends. I have not had the chance to play vital cargo yet so I will not describe it. Battle zones is about taking flags placed around the map. To win you must take more then half of the flags on the map, there can be 9 or more flags on the map at one time. Coop mode is the entire campagin but online, you can have a maximum of 4 players in coop mode. Coop mode divides the forces given at start amongst the players, you only get the units assigned to you. You are not able to control units given to teammates. In free for all its everyman for him/herself, To win you must get the most kills and have the fewest losses. In all the game modes except free for all you are able to give units to your teammates.

The maps in MOW are huge, there are maps capable of supporting 2v2 up to 8v8. The game devs spent a lot of time creating these maps they are all highly detailed and unique.
There are 16 maps included in the stock game with more expected in patches. Mow also includes an easy to use map editor for creating your own custom maps. some maps offer special weapons and vehicles that you are not able to build on your own.

MOW has alot of content, there is many different forms of infantry and tanks. I dont want to list all the weapons and vehicles availible but I will list the coolest in my opinion stuff availible. Rifleman are the staple of every army, they are good at engaging enemies at medium to long range they are also able to construct sandbags. Flame thrower troops are very useful they are able to burn any infantry men and they are able to light bushes on fire. Flame throwers if used right can destroy tanks by lighting the engine on fire. There are engineers capable of construct mines. There are also sappers with mine detectors which are able to dispose of mines. There are many different tanks both tank destroyers and infantry support tanks. The Americans are able to get shermans,pershings,callipoe rocket launcher tanks, m18 hell cats and m36 sluggers. The Germans can get panzer 4 H,Panthers,Tigers,King tigers, JagdTigers,SturmTigers. Russians can get t34/76,t34/85,kv1,Is1 2 &3. British can get Cromwells, churchills, matildas,fireflies,and centurians.

Those who enjoy Joint task force would love this game, and those who like company of heroes that want more realism would enjoy this game too. It is too complex for me to explain the level of micro managing so I will leave the link to the demo.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFck8ZE0-yU

Gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BSVDkL4-Wk

Demo: http://www.menofwargame.com/demo.phtml

Official online store: http://gamersgate.com/index.php?page=product&what=view&sku=DD-MOW

Hope to see some of you on the battlefield, if you have any questions or comments feel free to post in this thread or PM me

fldash
05-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Amazing game. On sale for $14.95 from D2D now as well...

Mixa
05-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Couldn't resist after demo and now got it aswell! Campaign tomorrow, multiplayer at weekend!

peardog
07-24-2009, 08:46 PM
NEW POST>...

Men of War ..$7.50 on STEAM This weekend 07/24-26/09 ..I would assume this is a No Brainer?

Mugzy
07-25-2009, 04:13 AM
NEW POST>...

Men of War ..$7.50 on STEAM This weekend 07/24-26/09 ..I would assume this is a No Brainer?

Thanks for pointing this out, installing now :)

FBmantis
06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
A few 12th(myself, troublesome, undead) have been playing this game lately and we would love to find a fourth if anyone out there wants to join us. You will typically find us together in the 12th TS channel when we are in game. Mostly we have been enjoying coop and tracking down all the mods/maps that support it. Interest in the other modes is there but again it would help to have a fourth there. We typically play during primetime US hours(9PM-1AM EST). Note that we don't take things super serious when playing.

UnDeaD
06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
This game is super addicting, and very fun to play co-op. So if you own it, speak up. We really would like more players. The best thing about this game, is no silly resource management is involved.

UnDeaD
06-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Steam has Men Of War for $3.74, and Men Of War:Red Tide for $6.24.

Superfast
06-29-2010, 11:04 AM
Steam has Men Of War for $3.74, and Men Of War:Red Tide for $6.24.

Gold Edition is also cheap, maybe one should get that?

The MP looks like fun, but does it have VOIP this?

UnDeaD
06-29-2010, 05:23 PM
No VOIP in the game. Getting the Gold edition is fine, but take note, that Red Tide offers no MP or Co-op. This is why we just bought regular MoW originally. The SP of Men Of War is fine, but its even better with Co-op. Plus there are a few complete mods out there, that will extend the life.

07-01-2010, 01:49 AM
This is a great game! I just got it and i am loving it!

UnDeaD
07-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Great, you can look for us in TS, and join us sometime.

UnDeaD
08-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Men Of War: Assault Squad is coming.

http://www.menofwargame.com/assault/

Lots of new features, lots of improvements, gameplay and graphically.

Bear61
08-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Best RTS eva. I still have alot to learn, but i really like it. I got Red Tide too, it has some sweet yet difficult beach landings.

UnDeaD
08-06-2010, 09:41 PM
MoW is incredible, and its a shame it was underplayed. Hopefully with Assault Squad, it will fix the problem. Being in the AS beta, I can tell you, its awesome, and tons of new stuff to play with.

gunjunkie
08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I really like this game, don't know why I missed it first time around. Bought it the other day off steam on a whim after reading this thread. It's extremely dynamic and very realistic. Best FOW implementation ever. Really enjoyed playing with some TG regulars last night.

UnDeaD
08-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Great! Glad you enjoy it. We try to play most nights.

UnDeaD
08-14-2010, 01:48 PM
$7.50 over @ Direct2Drive (http://www.direct2drive.com/2/7785/product/Buy-Men-Of-War-Download).

Leehy
12-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Wow. . . An amazing game. I wanted to play that game. I am getting so excited . . . :D

UnDeaD
12-30-2010, 02:44 PM
We also have a forum, and teamspeak channel setup for MoW. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/men-war-series/

We also have a great guy of guys that play MoW regulary.