ForGlory&Pain
03-13-2010, 05:45 AM
Date: 03/13/2010
Time (EST): 0200
Missiont: CO_12_Rescue_V2 Veteran mode.
353rd members present:
Henry Rollings
Mission CC: Myself, Alpha Lead

Members Present: Post here if you were in on this.

Upon recieving word of a downed UH-60, Codename Hotel One, Alpha Squad was tasked to search and extract the 3-man crew from the hostile zone. Numerous enemy were present and actively searching for the downed crew.

Green: Alpha Path
Red: Enemy patrols
Black circle: Downed BH
Yellow star: Flares

A. Alpha squad departs north to conduct SAR operations, no contact as we proceed into the AO

B. Visual scan of Pavlovo reveals no activity, we proceed south-East to scan area West of MSR. we are about to cross a field when a squad is spotted proceeding directly towards us. We hit dirt and they turn around and head away. I decide to take the squad east and cross the MSR.

C. We proceed South-East and pause as an infantry section patrols west to the south, followed by and infantry squad 100m behind. As we proceed into the ravine intel from HQ indicates that downed BH may be to our SE.

D. As we proceed, visual confirmation of the BH is made. No crew are visible. As we are about to move up to secure, a patrol is sighted south moving towards the BH. As we wait for them to pass, a Patrol passes to our rear over our previous path. We wait for all patrols to leave before moving to secure the BH.

E. Finding no crew or satchels, we proceed to a nearby barn and find all 3 crew members unhurt.

F. We prep an AT to destroy the BH, but pause to let a scout patrol that is coming down from the north enter the kill-zone. A quick engagement and 3 hostiles are dead. The BH doesn't blow up, but lacking any more high explosives we retreat quickly South East.

G. I determine to return to extraction by skirting the mountain range north of Kamenka.

H. We proceed through the forest without contact, but notice a Enemy Section now on patrol at Marker F, and numerous Flares lighting the forest to the north (our previous path). Artillery is going off near the crashsite, and we hear secondaries as the BH is hit, presumably by the hostile artillery.

I. We see no contacts in Kamenka as we approach from the east, so we stick close to the treeline. As we near the ASR heading into the town, a hidden MG emplacement lights up our squad, wounding the Pilot, Henry Rollins.

J. The rest of the squad engages fire as we try to fall back and away north into the forest. Henry's wounds are too severe and Teriander volunteers to carry Henry as we do a retreat-under-fire. We kill 6 hostiles in the engagement and only take Henry as wounded. Apparently it has done enough damage as we are not pursued. I assign 2 riflemen to screen 50m ahead of the squad providing security for Teriander to prevent any ambushes from catching us with limited mobility.

K. We reach the treeline and see numerous Foxholes, a marine defensive line set for our return. We proceed along the MSR west and return successfully to the extraction point.

L. After action intel indicates that enemy artillery aimed at our suspected contact location at the chopper crash site did indeed destroy the BH without giving opportunity for hostile forces to secure it.

Unit Strength:

Hotel: 3
Alpha: 8

Wounded: 1
KIA: 0

Enemy strength encountered: 3 Sections
Enemy combatants killed: 9 confirmed including 1 MG nest

Mission duration: 2 Hours est.

Good mission all. I'm sorry I don't remember most of your names (its late) but everyone did an excellent job and showed great patience and self-control.

David
03-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Members Present: Hawkeye
E. Finding no crew or satchels, we proceed to a nearby barn and find all 3 crew members unhurt. SL decides to go easy on OPFOR and fire a warning shot :)

Good mission all. I'm sorry I don't remember most of your names (its late) but everyone did an excellent job and showed great patience and self-control.It was an excellent mission. The lack of NVG made it so, as did the excellent leadership and discipline. Nothing like sneaking back through hostile terrain and seeing them lighting up patch after patch of forest with flares and mortars, looking for you, while you're just trying to keep track of where your squad is in the dark forests.

ForGlory&Pain
03-14-2010, 07:47 PM
lol, I honestly forgot to add that "weapon malfunction". I'm really hard on myself for those. Glad it didnt CF all that effort to get there.