PDA

View Full Version : PR Basic Medic Course Saturday Sept. 11th 2010 5pm EST

Delta*RandyShugart*
09-08-2010, 10:45 AM

DATE AND TIME: "Saturday September 11th, 5pm EST"

Players will be required for TeamSpeak roll call in the TGU channel 15 minutes before the module.
Anyone who is not present 5 mins before the scheduled start time will be counted as absent and will be disallowed from participating in the next module run for the game in which the module was missed.

Module Name:Basic Medic Course
Prerequisite: None

Topics Covered:

Introduction/Getting Started
How to properly use the medic bag
How to use smoke grenades properly
Using the Resuscitation option/epi pin both while prone and crouched
How to communicate if you are the medic/player being healed

What not to post:
"What time will it be in my time zone?" Work it out.
"Are non-supporting members allowed to participate?" This is an open Course, and is strictly based upon signing up, SM's will not be given priority over Non-SM's.
"Can you change the date?" No, the date is confirmed.
"I'm on the reserve list. How good are my chances of playing if I show up?" Decent. There will inevitably be a few cancellations before the session and there can be one or two no-shows on the day of the session.

Quick Session Information
Date:Saturday September 11th
Time:5pm EST (4pm CST, 9pm GMT)
Be on Teamspeak By:4:45 EST
Server: IP/Password Given in Teamspeak
Module:Basic Medic
Number of Students:2+
Credit badge:

Ground Rules:
CHECK FIRE! Once on the server, hold your fire until specifically instructed to do so. This is very important so that your instructor can address everyone without background noise of weapons fire or explosions.
Listen to your instructor and follow their directions. It is important that everyone listen to the instructor and be ready to follow instructions so that the material in the module can be covered in a timely manner. The more the instructor has to be off-topic the longer the module will take to complete.
Minimize Com Chatter. Questions are greatly encouraged as part of the learning process, but many people may have questions at once. If you have a question or comment, simply type a request such as "question" or "comment" in the in-game chat and your instructor will call on you and let you have the com when they are able.

How Spots Are Assigned:
The first priority will be given to those who have signed up and who are present in Roll Call. After that, People who have attended a TGU PR Course.

A reserve list will be made up when all the playing spots are filled. When a player with a spot cancels, they will be replaced by the first person on the reserve list.

How to Sign Up
IMPORTANT!
Players who no-show without notice for a session will be precluded from participating in the following session for the game where they were absent. Don't let your team mates down! Only sign up if you can make it. Because class spaces are limited, please don't take a spot unless you're confident you can play.

To sign up, please simply reply with the following two items of information:
1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none)
2) Your in-game name.

Please reply to this message with the above information if you wish to sign up.
Players will be signed up on a first-come first-served basis.
You can pull out, but if you reconfirm, you will find yourself at the bottom of the roster.
You may not hand over your spot to another specific player. Your spot will be given to the next available player.

Instructors: |TG-31st|Magnum.P.I., & others TBA

***For those who are interested after the course I will also run a quick SL Radio Course and show you the basics of how to use the SL radio even if you are not in visual range of what is spotted/told on mumble or team chat. It is very simple and extremely helpful to the team.

Vouk
09-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Unaffiliated
Vouk

Katanama
09-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Unaffiliated
Katanama

McKain
09-08-2010, 08:08 PM
Unaffiliated
McKain