PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11-29 Alpha server

Crawlingeye
11-30-2010, 08:09 AM
This might not have been such an "OMG" moment for veteran ArmA 2 players, but for me it was very satisfying.

We started a Domi West revive after the server crashed. Eight soldiers joined my squad and I organised it as follows...

Godfather:
|TG-189th|crawlingeye - Squadleader
Tangowrangler - Squad medic and second in command

Hitman:
|TG-18th|Jacezz - Fireteamleader Hitman
|TG| Unkl - Rifleman AT
Ugly...(something can't remember) - Assistant rifleman AT

Assasin:
Steve - Fireteamleader Assasin
Air Alex - Automatic Rifleman
SuperfatJake - Assistant Autorifle

We decided to go for the side mission which was to destroy a radiotower north of the town Chak chak. As we did not know how heavily armed the enemy was we packed a punch in form of a fire support team and Anti tank team. To further inrease our chances of survival I chose an LZ about 3 kilometres away from the objective.

We packed up in a Huey and landed on the LZ 4 minutes later. Hitman and Assasin then went to their waypoints preset on the map. when we were getting close to the radiotower I ordered Assasin to occupy a nearby hill that had a view of the objective, they followed the order without any objections.

As Hitman and Godfather got closer we were engaged by the enemy defending force, Assasin followed their previous command which was to provide fire support in case of Hitman or Godfather were engaged. Assasin and Hitman quickly racked up kills, so Godfather took the oppurtunity to get a view of the radiotower. In the firefight Godfather lost track of Hitman who were being supressed by the enemy. As Godfather got lost (slacking on the map readingtraining), Godfather Actual got critically wounded by an enemy.

The following event put a HUGE smile on my face.

Right after Godfather Actual was wounded lil' Godfather (Tango) voiced over the radio: "Be adviced Godfather is down, this is Tango taking command". He quickly took command over the squad and issued orders in an attempt to rescue Godfather Actual. Unfortunatley he died shortly thereafter, but Hitman soon got out of the firefight and were able to rescue both of us.

When Godfather were up hitman went to secure the radiotower. With no immidiate threat Assasin was ordered to advance up the radiotower. The bomb was set and we extracted successfully back to base.

Mission Accomplished

Jorge.PT
11-30-2010, 08:16 AM
That's a fine squad right there mister. :) Good work.

Jack Bauer
11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Sounds like it was a hell of a time! :)

browna3
11-30-2010, 11:57 AM
daym! that sounded mighty fine work there.

good work men!!! ;)

Anatoliy
12-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah, i wish to be in teams like that. But unfortunately, the reality is different. I know not so many people, who are dedicated to team work. Who are looking forward to make/join squads and follow the instructions of a leader. In most cases we end up with numerous Rambos running all over map buzzing through all radio channels. Helicopters are being thrown damaged all over map as well. Sometimes it just forces me to stop playing and start doing some household stuff at Alpha server, trying to fix helis, armor, MHQs and bring it back to base or to action got places where there is big demand on it.
I am looking forward, that people will get wise enough to cooperate with others in teams. Because, this is what it is all about.

Jack Bauer
12-20-2010, 11:51 PM
Welcome Anatoliy,

We might not do a pretty job at it, but teamwork is someting that we try and pride ourselves on and if that is what your looking for then you have found a new home!!

uglystranger
01-05-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey! i remember that, it was so fun. it actually made me join this comunity. i am up for action like that anytime, just got a new computer, but nobody seems to be on the server anymore.

P.S its uglystranger. guess i did not leave a big impression being the first to die and all. lets hope that changes with the new computer.