PDA

View Full Version : AAR AAR; Realism event

LowSpeedHighDrag
05-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Riding behind the AAVP, just minutes before hitting the beach. The radio chatter was eerily quiet. I can hear the Co directing the callsigns Serpent 1-1,1-2. My squad, checking their gear. Looking serious as we approached our landing area. Someone started humming "the final countdown" which made the squad more at ease, masking their sense of urgency to debus/disembark as soon as possible. Our mission was to take down their AAA gun and clear the airfield for the evacuation of US students in Chernarus.

Serpent 1-2, landed first. With the Co inside it. Within minutes they were under contact. Serpent 1-1 and my squad (Alpha) were about 30 meters out still.
...no RPG, no RPGs please.

"Alpha, Command. Contact 290, 600 meters break..."
"I want you guys to flank these guys from north and engage contacts, how copy?"
"Alpha, acknowledged."
Here we go, first order. Looks like these bad guys are not gonna make it easy for us after all. I gotta let my guys know...

"Listen up, once we hit the beach. Get out right. We have orders to flank and engage contacts north-west of Serpent 1-1. We will form a line facing west. Once both fireteams are set, we will manoeuvre north."
"1" (Rambo FT1 lead)
"2 copy" (SnipingCoward FT2 lead)

Debus right! Out out!

"1 set!" shortly after "2 set!"

"Command, Alpha."
"This is Command, send Alpha"
"Alpha, we have dismounted, 3x EKIA. Alpha will push to flank your contact at 290."
"Command, Roger out"

Where are we...gotta think...

"Rambo, Sniping. We will push north about 400 meters out, face west once there. Form a line and push to contact. Fire team 1 take point"
"1" Rambo replied cooly.
As soon as I heard his radio end transmit; they vanished into the thick woods. "Team 2! Get up were moving" said Sniping.

Double timing our flanking manuever north. I hoped we would not get stuck enroute. Luckily we didn't.
"team 1 hold, team 2 set up left of team 1. Give me line formation. Weapons up, walking pace."
"1"
"2 ready"
"ok gents let's move"

I called in to Co and gave him our SITREP and pushed west to take out those contacts.

Walking up slowly, with nothing but heavy vegetation to our front and the occasionally daring rabbits in our peripherals. It was getting harder to stay cool. I can sense by now everyone is switched on and scanning their sectors. I can almost smell their aggression held back only by their zeal.

"Contact front!" as rounds whizzed by hitting the tree trunks and disturbing the wild life around us.
"1, contacts at 290!"
one of the rifleman said "are we allowed to fire?" I heard him say to his FTL, I smiled.

They were no match for us. Running into my two fire teams line of fire.
It was like duck hunt, but alot easier.
Called in for SITREP again and Co wanted us to occupy waypoint 1-2 and set up a 360 for Serpent 1-1.
Who will be following us into the next waypoint.
After checking the dead, we pushed on.
"All teams give me security. Team 1, north-west. Team 2, south- west. " We reached waypoint 1-2.
I clicked the PTT key and called it in for Serpent 1-1. I can hear Jacezz order Serpent 1-1 to push to our loc and follow us in.
I pulled up the map to get our bearings. As soon as I opened the map, Rambo called out contacts. I can make out silhouettes of enemy moving in from our right flank. "Serpent 1-1, Alpha. Contacts out to our north-west. 400m. Can you engage over"
"Serpent 1-1 Roger out"
We opened up. A huge volume of fire went down range and about a couple of mins later a more comforting sounds of the .50 echoed.
More contacts rushed Rambos position. More incoming fire, enemy were trying to keep us fixed.
I don't think so...

"Team 2, move up on the hill by the rocks to your front, provide cover for 1" , "Roger"
.50 cal from Serpent 1-1 echoed still, but now with a faster rate of fire.
"team 1, break contact move south then push west to the rocks", "break contact! Break contact! Were moving!" I heard Rambo on direct.

When I ran up and linked up with my squad. I saw a medic patching up a guy from FT1.
"Is every one okay?"
"1" replied Rambo, followed by "2 ok"

I can now see better, now that we have a bit of a clearing to our left and front and being in a more elevated position.

FT2, pushed up west to cover south west. FT1 faced north-west and held their sector. Enemy tried to flank us from our south but failed miserably. Waypoint 3 was in sight, 250-300 meters to out north-west of Alpha.
"Command, Alpha. Message over"
"Command, send traffic over"
"Alpha, Requesting Serpent 1-1 to hold and provide cover for Alphas advance into waypoint 3 over"
"Command, Roger."

We lined up just on the tree line facing the waypoint 3. Ft1 on my right, Ft2 on my left. We pushed on, under the cover of serpent 1-1s fan.
About couple of minutes later, Ft1 called clear and ft2 and Alpha actual linked up with ft1.
..."Alpha, waypoint 3 is secured. Break"
"...interrogative, do you want us to push south-west or push south direct to AAA objective over"
"Command, we will push south from your current location. Under the cover of Serpent 1-1.break"
"...no need in risking with the next waypoint being close to the following objective over"
"Alpha"

No more running around, we're going head first. A Challenge.

"Alpha listen up. Change of plans. We will assault south from our position onto the AAA objective. Serpent 1-1 will cover our advance. Ft1 on left. Ft2 on right. Ft1 will assault, Ft2 covering our right flank. Let's move"

BRRRRRR!

Ft1 called out a contact of 1x ZSU/Shilka on the objective.
I had to inform Serpent 1-1 before it got into the line if fire of that beast.

"Break, break. Serpent 1-1, Alpha. Do not crest the hill, Shilka on the ridge over", "Serpent 1-1 Roger."
...That was close.

By this time Ft1 started to advance up to assault objective while Ft2 was covering our flank for possible enemy counter attacks.

"Back clear!, back clear!"

With the sounds of metal being crushed turning into scrap the objective was cleared. Command soon followed in with Serpent 1-2. The second AAVP. Everyone quickly reorg'ed. Planned our next assault into the airfield. By this time we started to see some reinforcements. Just in time just as well.
Received our orders, Jacezz walked up and talked via direct. "Where is Alpha?", "Alpha here, Jacezz"
"LowSpeed, I've got few JIPs. Can you Fit them in?", "Sure." With that done, we pushed on.

Ft1 leading, with Ft2 in tow. As soon as Ft1 was set 500m south of just completed objective. They sighted patrols to their north-west. Ft2 was linked up with Ft1. We bounded north to the next set of tree lines.
As soon as both Fire teams settled. We received contact. Few were hit, and patched up. Serpent 1-1 was called to suppress the targets to Ft1s' north-west, while Ft2 lined up right of AAVP engaging targets with maximum aggression. They were lined up in the open but placing rounds down range effective enough to stem any enemys' assault onto our location. Ft1 in the tree line holding their ground. The sheer amount of the fire power being concentrated was awesome.

Scratch; 1x UAZ Dshk, 18 plus INF dead.

Ft1 & Ft2 bounded across the open field south of the airfield. Serpent 1-1 was holding ground on the south-east corner of the airfield.

Few more patrols but they had no chance.

We finally reached the airfield and secured it. Ft1 holding the south-west mound. Giving them a good and unobstructed field of fire. While the Ft2 cleared the hangers.

Both Serpent 1-1,1-2 were called in and after expending some AT4s and rounds on the Hinds.
We have successfully completed the mission.

30+ EKIA
1x UAZ Dshk
4x Hinds
1x Shilka

All in all, a great Op with minimal friendly casualty. No assets lost.

LowSpeed
Alpha Squad leader

I would like to thank every one who participated in the missions.
Thanks to Rambo, SnipingCoward for leading their fireteams with ease and everyone else who made their leading positions that much easier.

p.s. Fill in the blanks gents.

Sent from my iMind using Tapatalk

Unkl
05-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Great AAR. What a memory...do you have this on FRAPS?

LowSpeedHighDrag
05-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately no. My PC couldn't fraps well. In single player probably.

I left out more details but I have had enough of mini keyboard on my phone.

Good news is that I'm using WiFi, no roaming charges. Thank you tax payers.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

AnimalMother
05-31-2011, 03:21 AM
there was a UAZ ags-30 at the end of the runway that cause us to retreat a bit.

We (Ft2) had moved up through some trees set into position, saw enemy infantry across the open field started lighting them up, then explosions everywhere. Instinctivly Sniping orders the retreat back to ft1's location and an AAV rolled up and blasted it apart.

Was a great mission and for the second half after the AAA destruction i was burning through ammo for the SAW, can't remember who it was but we were getting shot at so i just fired bursts in the direction of the enemy, "What you seeing there animal?" "Nothing mate but their around there somewhere."

LowSpeedHighDrag
05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
there was a UAZ ags-30 at the end of the runway that cause us to retreat a bit.

We (Ft2) had moved up through some trees set into position, saw enemy infantry across the open field started lighting them up, then explosions everywhere. Instinctivly Sniping orders the retreat back to ft1's location and an AAV rolled up and blasted it apart.

Was a great mission and for the second half after the AAA destruction i was burning through ammo for the SAW, can't remember who it was but we were getting shot at so i just fired bursts in the direction of the enemy, "What you seeing there animal?" "Nothing mate but their around there somewhere."

I've asked Command to relocate the second AAVP to or south-west (front left) with Serpent 1-1. But that request was denied due to "logistical reasons" (ahem Jacezzzzz) and Serpent 1-1 was busy with other tasks. So I asked Command to send Serpent 1-1 to our loc asap. We definitely needed bigger guns in the front. Serpent 1-1 was called/redirected to the front to finally engage them. When that AAVP rolled into our line. It was a great feeling to see and hear the rounds go downrange.

I agree, the second half of the mission had more of an "umph."
I think that was me asking you...or was it someone else...

1n7r3p1d
05-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Gunning that was so fun. I was really just tallying kills trying to keep a 10 spread on the other AAPV for bragging rights but there was no shortage of contacts, friendlies were calling bearings in such a way that gave me enough time to respond, my commander figured out the bearing offset with the right-aligned gunner's position and we only lost one guy. Frankly the AI on that mission seemed to suffer from the 'stormtrooper effect' (accuracy being inversely proportional to the number of bodies shooting at you).

rambo2
06-01-2011, 11:47 AM
LowSpeed what you did here with your AAR for your FTLs and everyone under you is the best way to say thank you. So thank you.

I guess I better polish up my AAR skills and sharpen my memory if I ever want to be a good CO :)

Berlancic
06-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Sounded like a very fun mission and that's a pretty nice AAR.