PDA

View Full Version : NS 2 Server?

lafu
06-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Does TG host an NS2 server? I bought the beta but can't seem to find anyone playing on a regular basis (much less anything competitive) even on the weekends.

If not (due to lag or whatever making NS2 un-playable atm), does TG still host a NS 1 server? I had some of the best times gaming on TG server playing NS 1 :)

Thanks!

Iceberg
06-11-2011, 12:49 PM
TG doesn't officially have an NS1 server, but I think some regs used to put one up every so often. As for NS2, I think we're waiting for something more substantial.

aeroripper
06-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Server performance has improved significantly in the recent 179 patch, making the game much more playable. Wonder if it'd be smarter to wait till the 1.0 release, or have to deal with updating the server every week.

Iceberg
06-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Running a server now would give us some time to mod it for TG goodness with a gooey center.

blu.knight
07-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I think NS2 is definitely getting close to being in a playable state. It's still not quite there, and it's probably not worth it to start a server until the game has some sustainability beyond the first night after a new patch. As it is I generally see 28 out of 30 servers completely empty.

Pokerface
07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, I'm still around. :)

I want us to have a server here, but as has already been stated, we need something more stable. Gone are the days where me or Wyz could spend a lot of time tweaking out a server, so a weekly update would be... unfortunate.

I don't think we need 1.0 necessarily, but a light at the end of the tunnel would be swell.

Apophis
07-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, I'm still around. :)

I want us to have a server here, but as has already been stated, we need something more stable. Gone are the days where me or Wyz could spend a lot of time tweaking out a server, so a weekly update would be... unfortunate.

I don't think we need 1.0 necessarily, but a light at the end of the tunnel would be swell.

Just keep in touch and let me know when we're at a playable state and I'll absolutely get a server up for this. Your points about the update schedule are valid and noted. I understand that very same constraint!

Pokerface
07-27-2011, 01:18 AM
Just keep in touch and let me know when we're at a playable state and I'll absolutely get a server up for this. Your points about the update schedule are valid and noted. I understand that very same constraint!
I think that it's reached the point of playability (there was a while there when the server was just chugging like someone needed to hit the Turbo button on the front or something), but it's not yet at the point of balance. I don't know if that means you're good, but I'm not there QUITE yet, not with the nontrivial updates every week or so.

jack^
08-07-2011, 02:59 AM
I just played some of the beta today (i havent played since several patches ago). It seemed like its getting there.. And i cant wait to play with all the TGNS people again

Spyder
08-07-2011, 11:23 PM
It's going to be a few months yet, they're still in the adding content stage. That usually means weekly to bi-weekly patch with new stuff, followed by 3-4 bugfix patches, repeat ad nasuem.

Seeing as there is no tier-3 content in the game yet, it's going to be a bit before it's feasible to throw a server up.

Yellow-Asterisk
11-12-2011, 01:18 PM
I can't wait. NS is how i found TG and i have been totally stoked to play the sequel with the old crew ever since it was announced. (Like, 10 years ago)

BooYah!

Tempus
11-14-2011, 12:41 PM
Yellow, I still remember when you started out here on NS. Those were the days, with Wyzcrak and Pokerface and the gang.

Iceberg
11-14-2011, 01:53 PM
I'm hoping the next patch will give us what we're looking for.

TheFeniX
11-21-2011, 11:39 PM
I can't wait. NS is how i found TG and i have been totally stoked to play the sequel with the old crew ever since it was announced. (Like, 10 years ago)

BooYah!We waited longer than that for Duke Nukem Forever and that game was awe..... wait, nevermind.

Skud
11-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Please don't bring up DNF when talking about NS2.

That's treason.

ImAWuss
01-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Any new updates on NS2? Last time I checked it out, I was no impressed. That was months ago. I too hope that the game gets to a playable state sooner than later so that TGNS can resume!

ImAWuss
01-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Sorry for the double post here. I played NS2 for a few hours the other day, and I must say that the game has come quite a ways! I even comanded for a bit and it brought back so many memories. I was a little lost at first with the new structures and map, but after a while it all came back to me!

Anyways, hmu on steam if anyone is playing. I'd love to get back into it!!

Skud
01-24-2012, 04:40 PM
I did some catching up last night...

It seems to be in a VERY playable state. Work has also begun on an Eclipse remake. No textures yet, only grey walls.

The engine seems much more optimized.

Hit detection/registration is FINALLY acceptable.

Onos and jetpacks are coming soon.

EDIT: I played on an NA server with a good ping... I'd love for us to get a server up, if only to try out the new build. Seems stable.

Ven
01-26-2012, 10:31 AM
what is this NS2 u speak of?....no seriously...what is it?

Skud
01-27-2012, 10:10 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Natural+selection+2

snooggums
01-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Hit detection/registration is FINALLY acceptable.

o rly?

Skud
01-29-2012, 03:50 PM
o rly?

I mean, that's what I've read. I managed to actually hit some stuff too, and I'm not very skilled.

Ven
01-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Cute skud. . . . Very cute

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Tempus
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
For some reason, they call the Onos a Gorilla, but still.... Awesome!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/02/03/natural-selection-2-trailer-shows-gorilla-alien-and-jetpacks-is-awesome/

Skud
02-03-2012, 05:33 PM
"gorilla" was the code name for beta 194, which dropped last night. It introduced jetpacks and the Onos, along with a long list of bug fixes, optimization, etc.

Ferris Bueller
02-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Speaking of which, this was just released.
Drool my pretties, drool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjPywj1TODo

snooggums
02-03-2012, 09:50 PM
"gorilla" was the code name for beta 194, which dropped last night. It introduced jetpacks and the Onos, along with a long list of bug fixes, optimization, etc.

Jetpacks on an onos!

Wait, that's and 'and'... :(

RisingSun
02-04-2012, 10:14 PM
The game is getting there. Still needs major balancing and a lot more content. I am more looking forward to a NS1 remake with the Spark engine. Now that will be worth playing, but a TGNS server will be more so. Cant wait!

snooggums
02-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I've played a few hours the last couple of days. I've had to run on the lowest settings, which have a cute 'looks like crap' name but it still looks 20x better than NS1. The optimization has a long way to go, but the addition of the Onos led to myself and a few random players hanging out in the ready room trying to get speed built up since it builds up speed as it moves without turning too far.

The flamethrowers are awesome, explosions look great. The models look excellent, the growth looks decent, and the animations are decent, even at the lowest possible settings. It isn't very balanced since there are missing pieces (heavy armor/machine guns) to match the new onos but it is still good fon for a few hours. I look forward to the continued refinement.

bentring
03-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Been a long time since I popped in here but I'm looking forward to seeing a TGNS2 server. I've been playing quite a bit the last few days and man it brings back a lot of fun memories.

It's quite obvious that teamwork will be as crucial to this one for victory as it was on the first, and that can be hard to come by on random servers. But when it happens, neither team has seemed to be very overpowered.

I really like some of the game changes such as random spawning hives and marine stations that hopefully will help keep certain maps from having dominating strats.

Wyzcrak
04-13-2012, 12:40 AM
This game is ready for some serious enjoyment.

Comm'd my first game tonight. Won. Mmm.... :)

kormendi
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
This game is ready for some serious enjoyment.

Agreed. Over the last few builds the game has really come together.

Scotty
04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Was such a fun HL1 mod

TheFeniX
04-25-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm growing old waiting on this game and/or a TGNS2 server. It's been 8 years since I first joined the TGNS server. Eight.... years.... Guys... GUYS... seriously. It's been a terrible ride of gaming since I left. I played WoW. I freaking played WoW. I have a Death Knight. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazjatar/Fen%C3%ADx/simple) I played Star Trek Online and the Star Wars MMO. FeniX..... paid money.... to play an MMO. I own Modern Warfare 1, 2, 3, Black Ops, and WaW on Xbox. And it's all your fault. I blame every single one of you. Even if you don't remember or never knew me: you are to blame. Yes, you, the person reading this.

I something me think broke in.

Anyways, as always:
http://thefenix.net/pics/TG/TheFeniXTG2.jpg

Eclipse
07-26-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm growing old waiting on this game and/or a TGNS2 server. It's been 8 years since I first joined the TGNS server. Eight.... years.... Guys... GUYS... seriously. It's been a terrible ride of gaming since I left. I played WoW. I freaking played WoW. I have a Death Knight. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazjatar/Fen%C3%ADx/simple) I played Star Trek Online and the Star Wars MMO. FeniX..... paid money.... to play an MMO. I own Modern Warfare 1, 2, 3, Black Ops, and WaW on Xbox. And it's all your fault. I blame every single one of you. Even if you don't remember or never knew me: you are to blame. Yes, you, the person reading this.

I something me think broke in.

Anyways, as always:
http://thefenix.net/pics/TG/TheFeniXTG2.jpg

What in the hell...you poor, poor, man.

But I remember you Fenix <3

We'll get this whole crew back for NS2.

OscarTheCouch
07-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Ive been playing tons, its actually very playable right now. As like you guys im waiting for a TG server to pop up.

Tempus
07-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Wow, an Eclipse sighting!