PDA

View Full Version : EVENT Battlefield 3 Basic and Advanced Infantry - Dec. 3rd, 2011

TheLancerMancer
11-27-2011, 11:24 PM
DATE AND TIME: "December 3rd 2011 at 6pm EST (GMT-5)"

Players will be required for TeamSpeak roll call in the TGU channel 30 minutes before the module.
Anyone who is not present 10 mins before the scheduled start time will be counted as absent and will be disallowed from participating in the next module run for the game in which the module was missed.

Module Name:Basic Infantry & Advanced Infantry
Prerequisite: N/A
Instructor:TheLancerMancer
Co-Intructor:DamionRayne

What not to post:
"What time will it be in my time zone?" Work it out.
"Are non-supporting members allowed to participate?" Yes. However, supporting members get priority.
"It's not fair! I keep getting pushed out by Supporting Members!" Become one.
"Can you change the date?" No, the date is confirmed.
"I'm on the reserve list. How good are my chances of playing if I show up?" Decent. There'll inevitably be a few cancellations before the session and there can be one or two no-shows on the day of the session.

Quick Session Information
Date:"Dec. 3rd 2011"
Time:"6pm EST (GMT-5)"
Be on Teamspeak By:" 5:30 EST"
Estimated Duration:"Two hours, with a short break between modules"
Server: IP/Password Given in Teamspeak
Module:"Basic Infantry" & "Advanced Infantry" for Battlefield 3
Number of Students:"24"
Credit badge:http://www.tacticalsites.com/~eroak/pins/Basic%20G.png

*If a student must drop before the in game sequence (the second half of the course) then they will earn the Basic Infantry certification and the appropriate badge, seen below. Anyone who cannot stay for the Advanced Infantry session is welcome in on another one, and we may hold an Advanced Infantry course alone if a backlog develops.
http://www.tacticalsites.com/~eroak/pins/Basic%20S.png

Ground Rules:
CHECK FIRE! Once on the server, hold your fire until specifically instructed to do so. This is very important so that your instructor can address everyone without background noise of weapons fire or explosions.
Listen to your instructor and follow their directions. It is important that everyone listen to the instructor and be ready to follow instructions so that the material in the module can be covered in a timely manner. The more the instructor has to be off-topic the longer the module will take to complete.
Minimize Com Chatter. Questions are greatly encouraged as part of the learning process, but many people may have questions at once. If you have a question or comment, simply type a request such as "question" or "comment" in the in-game chat and your instructor will call on you and let you have the com when they are able.

How Spots Are Assigned:
The first priority will be given to Supporting Members above non-Supporting Members. After that, People who have attended a TGU Basic Infantry course over those who have not. People who haven't attend a Basic Infantry course are allowed to sign up but will not be awared a badge until they passed or are writen off by a instructor.

A reserve list will be made up when all the playing spots are filled. Supporting members, once again, have priority. When a player with a spot cancels, they will be replaced by the first person on the reserve list.

How to Sign Up
IMPORTANT!
Players who no-show without notice for a session will be precluded from participating in the following session for the game where they were absent. Don't let your team mates down! Only sign up if you can make it. Because class spaces are limited, please don't take a spot unless you're confident you can play.

To sign up, please simply reply with the following two items of information:
1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none)
2) Your in-game name.

Please reply to this message with the above information if you wish to sign up.
Players will be signed up on a first-come first-served basis.
Supporting Members get precedence in the order they sign up, then Non-Supporting Members afterwards. Your SM status at the time of signup determines which list you will be on. Once you post, you cannot become a SM later to work your way up the list.
You can pull out, but if you reconfirm, you will find yourself at the bottom of the roster.
You may not hand over your spot to another specific player. Your spot will be given to the next available player.

On a more more personal note, I would like to apologize for the confusion that has occurred over the past couple of weeks in scheduling this class. Hopefully we will be able to move forward with no problems from here on out. To that end I'll be posting these signup threads on a class by class basis so as to avoid the confusion caused by a multiclass thread.

neilthecellist
11-28-2011, 02:36 AM
1) No in house squad. Would like to join one.
2) neilthecellist

aember
11-28-2011, 12:45 PM
1) Unaffiliated
2) Erghantar

Strabbo
11-28-2011, 02:55 PM
1) Unaffiliated
2) FnStrabbo

Indiscriminate
11-28-2011, 03:19 PM
1) Unaffiliated (for the moment)
2) Indiscrimin8

Tycalt
11-28-2011, 09:50 PM
1) none
2) Tycalt

Beinseth
11-29-2011, 08:51 AM
1) Irregulars
2) SSG Sethiol

Beinseth
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
1) Irregulars
2) SSG Sethiol

Warwise
11-29-2011, 12:37 PM
1) Unaffiliated
2) Aesteroeth

DeF
11-30-2011, 02:16 AM
1) None at the moment
2) D3F3CTOR

TheLancerMancer
12-02-2011, 03:07 PM
BUMP. Class is tomorrow evening.

Quick Session Information
Date:"Dec. 3rd 2011"
Time:"6pm EST (GMT-5)"
Be on Teamspeak By:" 5:30 EST"
Estimated Duration:"Two hours, with a short break between modules"
Server: IP/Password Given in Teamspeak
Module:"Basic Infantry" & "Advanced Infantry" for Battlefield 3
Number of Students:"24"

Ski-Racer
12-02-2011, 06:50 PM
1. Not in an in-house squad.
2. 58Congo

Tycalt
12-02-2011, 09:19 PM
I have to withdraw from this event. Something unforeseen has come up. I'll look out for the next one.

Thanks, Ty.

Greg
12-02-2011, 11:31 PM
1.Unaffiliated
2.MaliciousInt3nt

TheLancerMancer
12-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I have to withdraw from this event. Something unforeseen has come up. I'll look out for the next one.

Thanks, Ty.

All good man, stuff happens. Thanks for the heads up.

Greg
12-03-2011, 04:11 PM
1.Unaffiliated
2.MaliciousInt3nt

I'm having problems with my mic and I'm going to have to get a new one. Unfortunately I have to back out today which really sucks. I was looking forward to learning. How often do you run this coarse? I'm really disappointed about not being able to take part.

Greg
12-03-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm having problems with my mic and I'm going to have to get a new on. Unfortunately I have to back out this evening. I'm very disappointed. I was looking forward to learning. How often do you run this coarse? Sorry guys

Greg
12-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Sorry I have to back out because my mic is not working.

TheLancerMancer
12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Bump. Class starts in roughly half an hour.

Indiscriminate
12-03-2011, 08:32 PM
That was really interesting. Thanks to Lancer for running it.
It was a lot less advanced than I thought it would be - but good information, nonetheless. :)

aember
12-03-2011, 10:48 PM
Yup, thanks a ton Lancer! I feel like I messed up when it was our turn at the mock battle but gotta I learn from my mistakes!

TheLancerMancer
12-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Yup, thanks a ton Lancer! I feel like I messed up when it was our turn at the mock battle but gotta I learn from my mistakes!

Its a teaching/learning experience for a reason mate :)

neilthecellist
12-04-2011, 09:24 AM
What? How did I think that this event was at 5 PM, PST? Damn, no wonder no one was in TGU when I connected on TeamSpeak.

Greg
12-12-2011, 11:19 AM
If there is any more classes going on in the near future I would love to take part. Preferably Battlefield related. Even if anybody would like to get into a session and practice tactical movement and communication based on what you/I/we have learned so far, I am sincerely down. I really love emale's vids with the 1st mechanized. If anyone out there in Tactical gamer land is interested in trying to run a squad in that fashion please email me!

weaponx77
12-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I was also wondering if there would be more BF3 classes coming. I missed out on the first 2=(

Indiscriminate
12-12-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm definitely interested in follow-on classes that are more advanced.

TheLancerMancer
12-12-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll have a talk with Damion sometime soon. I'm hoping that we can schedule another Basic/Advanced Infantry session during mid December and possibly early January. I'm making progress on the Squad Leader course but it's not ready yet.

We are still here, and we still care :D Keep checking this forum, as we'll have some more course offerings soon.

DamionRayne
01-02-2012, 02:25 AM
It's been a pretty hectic holiday for me on a few fronts. I'll see what we can get started this month.

emirilyasov
01-08-2012, 01:25 PM
1. Unaffiliated
2.emirilyasov