PDA

View Full Version : UNIVERSE AT WAR:Earth Assault Beta

Zoopy
09-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Anyone in this? I received an email accepting me into the beta and I don't recall ever signing up for it...

RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
09-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I am in it but I haven't gotten around to it I am underseige with all these games and house work.

Zoopy
09-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I played a couple rounds, not too impressed. Seems like Supreme Commander / 9^9.

Most annoying thing is that is uses the "Games For Windows Live" thing, live ShadowRun. You have to pay to get the features like quick match and playing against people on the Xbox360 (but who would want to?).

I think it's too simplified due to the fact it is cross platform.

RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
09-20-2007, 01:11 AM
I was worried about that.

Especailly after EAW and the news of it being released on the 360.

When are devs going to understand something very very simple. I don't want cross platform games in games RTS/FPS games. Sports games, RPGs, hell COOP in FPS/RTS, racing games, platform games, etc. I am perfectly find with that. I just don't want to play a FPS/RTS game vs console players. I don't want to play EAW with them and I damn well don't want to play UT3 with them

Zoopy
09-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I was worried about that.

Especailly after EAW and the news of it being released on the 360.

When are devs going to understand something very very simple. I don't want cross platform games in games RTS/FPS games. Sports games, RPGs, hell COOP in FPS/RTS, racing games, platform games, etc. I am perfectly find with that. I just don't want to play a FPS/RTS game vs console players. I don't want to play EAW with them and I damn well don't want to play UT3 with them

Haha, so true. It's funny to on the Beta forum the first, and most popular thread, is how Games For Windows Live is the ****tiest thing ever.

I like the Games For Window branding concept (Game meets certain Microsoft standards and gets a sticker), but this cross-platform money gouging that is Games For Windows Live is ridiculous.