PDA

View Full Version : We have another DOW expansion coming.

RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
09-18-2007, 01:39 PM
This one adds the Dark Eldar but not much is known.

Gill
09-19-2007, 03:10 AM
Hmm... they MUST add the Tyranids. If they don't, it'd be criminal.

Space Marines
Orks
Chaos
Imperial Guard
Tau
Necrons
Eldar

...yeah, if they keep with the tone of the last expansion, then adding the Dark Eldar (along with the Tyranids, hopefully), it'd be a complete list.

RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
09-19-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't think they will be doing that. Relic claims that the current engine can't handle what they want to do with the Tyranids.

VegaBond
09-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Its awesome another race added, love the option to play all the races and units.. makes great gameplay

IMI-50AE
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM
What do they want to do with the nids?

Gill
09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
...not really sure why they claim the engine can't handle it.

The Tyranids are a bit of a horde race (you can bet Blizzard aped the Tyranids when they created the Zerg), so perhaps they want to add in truly epic amounts of units to represent that.

Braidedheadman
09-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Blizzard aped most of their stuff from the WH40K universe. :p

IMI-50AE
09-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I can certainly see where the nids base might be a problem. Do they even have a base? That would be odd. And then if you think about it, the nids are kind of a more extreme version of the orks, sorta kinda not really.:row__593:

Gill
09-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Well... they basically forcibly terraform a planet and all its life by harvesting "biomatter" and recycling it into new Tyranid lifeforms (read, they land and slaughter every living thing plant or animal and also consume all resources). Each enemy the Tyranid face, they basically take it's strongest characteristics and "add their biological and technological distinctiveness to their own".

The Chaos Space Marines Alpha Legion calls themselves the "World Eaters", I believe. However, the Tyranids are the true "world eaters". Once they're done, nothing's left except a hunk of rock.

IMI-50AE
09-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Yay, the borg!:row__572:

Steel_Penguin
09-22-2007, 04:24 PM
borg combined with starship troopers bugs.

CommisarN
09-26-2007, 08:58 PM
The Tyranids make Aliens look like schoolgirls on a hick :D

Steel_Penguin
09-26-2007, 09:14 PM
Aliens just have that little jaw thing. Pansies. Tyranids will EAT YOUR PLANET and you'll LIKE IT.

Tbh tyranids are the race i've wanted since DOW came out.

IMI-50AE
09-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Heck, they'd probably have more trouble trying to find ways to balance them somewhat without totally nerfing them than actually putting them in.

RGM-79N_GM_CUstom
09-26-2007, 11:33 PM
It's Relic when was the last time they actually had good balance in a game that didn't have mirrored sides.

Also the Tyranids compare well the Zerg compare to the Tyranids. The Tyranids are basically an alien race that goes around attacking planets and once they subdue all resistance (if there is any) they absorb all the biomass on the planet (even the atmosphere if I recall) and whatever species on the planet they consider useful they genetically modify to be more useful.

Gill
09-29-2007, 06:47 AM
All signs point to the "unnamed race" being the Witch Hunters. Also known by the main faction within the Witch Hunters, the "Sisters of Battle". Comparable to the Space Marines in that they wear power armor, but they are all female (naturally) and prefer to wield heat-based weaponry (flame throwers and melta guns). The purifying act of fire, or some-such.