Didn't see anything in the briefing screenshots about squad rallypoints. Are they included, or is it just the mobile respawns and outposts? I think the RP system is a major teamwork helper, something that is really needed in Arma 2.
Looking forward to seeing this played, see how it turns out.
Yeah, RP's are there, you need 4 guys together to drop one, and not within 300m of a target zone to stop the wave spawn effect. They are killable and moveable, but do require some work, they were a little buggy. Still, only day 1 of the beta!
I beta tested this last night on my own and it seems really promising. The only issues I see so far is that the mission is complex meaning that people will have to read the briefing. Also, you can join redfor or blufor this typically means twenty people will join blufor and one or two people red, maybe in the future there will be something that forces you to join the least full side etc. I really see this mission becoming the big pvp thing to do and am happy to see it on our bravo server.
Now this looks promising! Complex indeed, but once past the initial learning problems it looks like a mission with huge potential, definitely capable of reaching the same degree of visibility on servers as Evolution and Domination.
Version 2 has just been released and I have just put it on the server!
It now consists of 3 missions!!!
Main game mode changes from Arma:
* Bunkers are now called FOB's
* In ArmA, bunkers were deployed from Ammo trucks. In Arma 2, FOB's are deployed from transportable containers.
* Most static objects/weapons can be transported as cargo in trucks, pick-ups and heavy transport helicopters.
* Rally points are likely to be added (with strict rules similar to FOB's).
* Added 2 extra test missions. They may be a little rough with object placement and zone positioning. They will be adjusted later.
* Added mission: Devastation 12v12: Docks:
o A tiny infantry/light vehicles restricted mission to evaluate any potential for little missions.
o Weapons are restricted to "Crewman/Rifleman" groups. These restrictions still need further adjustments.
* Added mission: Devastation 16v16: Three Valleys:
o A "land versus land" themed mission situated in the forested areas.
o Sectors are sometimes deeply nested in the forest, requiring infantry only access.
o This is probably a more typical style mission. Heavy use of FOB's/RP's would be required to maintain the frontline.
o It probably needs a few APC's added next time.
* Fixed: Explosions occur at bases when players JIP. (If somehow you still die at the very start, please report it.)
* Fixed: Respawning causes swimming animation (due to spawning in water)
* Workaround: Object actions (like Armaments dialog action) on LHD are only showing from south side. Seems to be an Arma2 bug.
o Temporary workaround is to look at the "Generator" object behind it, which shows the correct actions from any angle.
* Fixed: Players teleported back to base when players JIP. Not reproduced, so not verified. Changed initializations.
* Fixed: Deployed RP's not listed as available in respawn dialog
* Fixed & Replaced: Voice sounds for: Spot/Request/Orders popup menus.
o The words are strung together. If some sound too robotic or unnecessary, let us know.
* Fixed: Briefing notes should now not disappear after death.
* Added: Basic pilot/crewman checks.
o However seat switching check is still required to be added.
o The check is bypassed if there are <= 6 players on your side.
* Testing an idea of showing actions in white if they belong to an object, as opposed to yourself (reload) or any standard game action (eg: get in).
o Also the Armaments and Deployment actions are shown in yellow for now, since many players apparently missed seeing them due to the 'LHD action bug' mentioned above.
* HQ popup menu has a new option "Show build boundaries" which shows markers of valid build perimeters, which should help plan FOB/RP deployment positions easier.
* A few other minor changes.