Howdy gents (and gals), for those of you who've kept up with the forums for the last month or so, you might have read a post of mine talking about getting TGU going for PR. Goatboy and I have exchanged a few PMs on the matter, and are workign toward setting a date and format. I want to make my lesson plan as complete as possible , so I'm going to post what I currently have worked up and please feel free to respond with constructive criticism. Mind you this write up is for basic squad functionality, the clinic willl go over topics that will help a squad function more efficiently. Without further delay here is the outline i have drawn up:
Squad Tactic Clinic Lesson Plan
Squad Types: What types of squads are there?
a. Standard – Primary assault/movement squad
b. Recon – Primary functions include intelligence gathering, neutralizing soft target objectives. Very dynamic
c. Infiltration – Use of stealth to complete specific objectives. Very static.
d. Defense – Patience is the key to a defensive squad, must be able to cover an assigned area for an extended period of time.
a. Armor – Armored vehicles used to support ground troops
i. Tank – Should never be manned alone, always 3. Armor is primarily used for support.
ii. APC – Much like a tank crew, but should be kept further away from combat. Can be manned by 1.
b. Support – A very mobile squad which is used to re-supply or tend to wounded soldiers. Always on the move
i. Medic Support – tends to wounded soldiers
ii. Ammo Support – supplies soldiers in need of ammunition
c. Plane – Air support vehicles
i. Bomber – Air vehicle intended to strike ground targets. Should never be used without knowledge of ground threat
ii. Fighter – Air vehicle used to protect bomber planes from air to air threat.
d. Transport – Used to transport troops quickly and safely between two points.
Set up: Things you need to know before and after entering a squad
1. Kit selection
i. Standard – SL, SAW, Medic, Grenadier, Spec Ops, Rifleman
1. Urban – See base Standard kit selection
2. Desert – Spec Ops or Rifleman should be substituted for Anti-Tank & or Marksman
3. Forest – Spec Ops or Rifleman should be substituted for Anti-Tank & or Marksman
ii. Recon – (2-3 man squad) Spec Ops, Sniper & Marksman (if 3rd member exists)
1. Urban – See base Recon kit selection
2. Desert – See base Recon kit selection
3. Forest – See base Recon kit selection
iii. Infiltration – SL, Spec Ops, Spec Ops, Medic, Rifleman, Marksman
1. Urban – See base Infiltration kit selection
2. Desert – See base Infiltration kit selection
3. Forest – See base Infiltration kit selection
iv. Defense – SL, SAW, Medic, Grenadier, Rifleman, Anti-Tank
1. Urban – See base Defense kit selection
2. Desert – Grenadier might be replaced with Marksman or extra Anti-Tank
3. Forest – Second Medic, Anti-Tank, or Marksman might be required
b. Vehicular – Kit selection is limited therefore will not be discussed
2. Communications – Proper communication often times determines if a squad succeeds or fails. Messages need to be concise, and specific. The team leader should be the only one discussing strategy, this will free up more air time through VOIP creating a less cluttered atmosphere, and will allow squad members to focus on their job. If a squad member is communicating, it will generally be pertaining to the enemy, the members current status, and the enemies current status. “X hostile(s) to the <insert direction>, <specify location> (EX - behind the boulder, on the ridgeline, 2nd story of construction site)
a. Recon – Recon squads communicate a little differently from a standard squad
3. Target Identification
It is currently unfinished. I plan on talking a great deal about movement. Remember this clinic is going to be about creating more teamwork between squad members by teaching them tactic. Tactic will also provide a more realistic feel which is what I imagine, people playing this mod are looking for. Will all of these tactics work 100%, of course not but having an organized form of teamplay will yeild MUCH better results in squad effectiveness. Alrighty...FLAME ON!!!
Wait, Wimp, let's not disappoint. -Ahem- getting into character.........ok.
U R A NUB, lol U suxx0Rz only nUbs need taxtix. BTW I so Pwned u ingame, blizzard66, so WTH r u tching it 4! OMG, wayy 2 long 2, its lik collige r somthing (not thet i wud no) no way, u r all SuXXoRz! LOL ROFL!!! U r so cluliss Just spam ur spacebar wen u shoot and u Pwn!!!
Ok, I'm back...bleh.....Touching the darkside always takes it out of me...
Count on the Irregs to make a showing, and thanks for the hard work and planning!
meh. Now I need to go take a shower.
Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"
"Let us be neither hasty nor tardy, and let us always be ready to make a new start. If you fall, rise up. If you fall again, rise up again." St. Peter of Damascus, ~1196 AD
I was encouraged by the number of people who showed up for Island Ep2 event on our Arma side. We filled the server and some super old forgotten faces peeked into our corner. This includes one of our...
Posted By |TG| B (2 Comments)
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM in |TG| B