Experiment brought up the old Gentleman's Agreement from BF2 and that reminded me that a lot of the 2142 players have never actually seen it or heard about it. In the theme of my bridging some of the relevent BF2 threads over to this forum, I present the BF2142 Gentleman's Agreement, adapted from the original BF2 one written by StrikeFear.
Remember, some of these are NOT server rules, but rather commitments made by the signers to help enhance the gameplay. Please RE-READ the Rules and SOPS to understand the differences between this agreement and the stated rules by which our admins govern. In short, some of these items ARE NOT warn/kick/ban items, so make sure YOU are clear of the difference before you start making reports to admins. I would say that if a problem arises and you are unsure whether it is a Gentleman's Agreement or Rules/SOP item, check with an admin first before you give names. The admins can't always see exactly what you are talking about, so we don't want to have them be the bad guy when they shouldn't be.
BattleField 2142 Gentleman's Agreement
Edits in italics to original by StrikeFear.
Some rules are enforceable (TKing, joining a squad). Others are not. For those that are not, many have posted our intentions to avoid certain actions which we feel are "cheap" or unfair.
By "signing" this agreement, I hereby commit myself to the actions described below.
Out of respect for my fellow TG-player, I
Will not bunny-hop.
Will not bunny-prone hop.
Will not camp spawn points.
Will enter UCBs only to destroy CO assets.
Will respect specialty squad assets (i.e. - not occupying the gunship when a "Gunship" Squad exists).
Will not intentionally engage in suicide tactics, ramming or otherwise.
Will not punish accidental TKs.
Will not Instant Vertical Capture/Neutralize (IVC/N) apparently undefended flags with the Air Transport
Will not occupy a vehicle that has already been claimed by a teammate.
Will not abandon the team's armor assets if the possibility for the other team to immediately steal it exists.
Will not haphazardly make reports of players on TeamSpeak.
3. Taking advantage of a spawner's disorientation. While it may put you at a disadvantage, give the spawner time to get a handle on their surrounding before you shoot at them, such as giving them time to run a certain distance.
5. This point doesn't say you'll never under any circumstances take jets when a jet squad exists. Exceptions exist. It's just saying you'll respect the intention and organization of specialty squads and the assets they are organized around.
6. Stuff happens. OUR stuff is always an accident.
8. If there's no enemy around - that's different. (Why get out?) But if the base is occupied, use the transport and cover-fire vehicle. Have the troops get out and take the flag. 9. This means that if a vehicle already has someone in the gunner seat or is currently under repair by a teammate, you will not jump into the primary seat and drive off with it.
10. Discussions have been made about whether jumping out of healthy armor in battle is a punishable offense. I'm not adding to that discussion here, but am rather just adding another safety net for our players by including it in the Gentleman's Agreement. It has been worded carefully.
I realize that people may sign this after I realized there needs to be a change or clarification. If such a situation arises, I will make clear the changes that were made.
I agree to not camp spawns except in the following situations:
*When capping a flag, where their sudden appearance is as disorienting to me as their spawning in is to them
*Enemy SL beacons: They should've surveyed the ground while podding in. If they didn't, then my easy kill is their fault.
I will NOT sit back lazilly and camp from a distance. If I'm "Camping" it's b/c I'm on the flag and capping. Or shooting up your SL becon.
|TG-Irr|Hiram_Yorik Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)
DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."
REMEMBER: Just because you signed off on these agreements, does not mean others have. Keep in mind, some things are technically allowed as Penguineer stated. Do not make the mistake of thinking these are HARD WRITTEN LAWS.
Special thanks to Pengie for putting this together, I think she deserves a public "pat on the back"!
Proud to have been a member of:
"Sergeant: Their three chevrons is a natural evolution warning you to run like hell; kinda like a cobra's rattle or those poisonous fish with bright colors."