Discussion: Battlefield 2142 - Official Rules, Announcements & SOPs / Battlefield 2142 - Server Rules - RULES: Basic Rules of Conduct - PUBLIC / PRIVATE MESSAGE FORUMS (Basic Rules of Conduct)
- No vulgar language or profanity
PUBLIC / PRIVATE MESSAGE FORUMS (Basic Rules of Conduct)
- No vulgar language or profanity (This includes inappropriate words, inappropriate sexual references and other vulgar statements).
- No threatening, abusive or harassing comments.
- No slanderous or libelous posts (Knowingly making false claims about a company, organization or an individual are prohibited).
- No discussion or challenge to our editing policy is allowed within the forums. If you disagree, or want clarification as to why a particular topic, post or individual was removed, you must contact a BF2142 Admin. Tactical Gamer staff will NOT respond to any inquiries or challenges of these rules or decisions on the public forum, however, we will respond to email / PM inquiries.
- No advertising or product marketing, other then direct Tactical Gamer material is allowed. An advertisement is categorized as an outright attempt to solicit business and any such posts may be removed. You may not link to advertise a product or service and we reserve the right to delete any link for any reason.
- Do not engage in "flame-wars" or excessive exchange of confrontational postings. Debate is important, but users should not try to provocatively "pick a fight." While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter, will result in that member being removed from the forums and Tactical Gamer BF2142 gaming environment.
- No spamming; do not post the same message in every topic with different titles, but with the same message. Only post your message into the topic it most relates too. Members are to respect the designated TOPIC AREAS when posting their message. This includes off-topic and sales information that does not belong in the Main Forum area. Those who post messages not relating to the topic area, will have the threads closed or the posts deleted. The inclusion of pictures within messages is allowed on this site. Referring to images on other sites should be done so sparingly if at all. This not only uses up bandwidth between sites, but often the images are copyrighted and protected by that site. Images or links to images are not to be included on our site without the express written permission of the owner of the copyrighted image(s). When posting images try to keep them under 640 x 480 resolution and under 20K.
- BF2142 forums serve as a venue for players to discuss and express opinions about BF2142 gaming. Therefore, heated discussions about religion, politics, morality issues and borderline pornography pics are inappropriate, even in our "Sandbox" Off-Topic forum. This kind of posting behavior has no place on our BF2142 boards, so if players wish to discuss these type of polarizing issues, they should find other boards that sponsor and encourage discussion of this type of subject matter.
BF2142 System Administrators function as trouble-shooters, helping to maintain a positive and enjoyable atmosphere, both in forums and on-line gaming. Administrators are able to give warnings, close threads and move threads in all forums. In addition, administrators implement "time outs" or bans if members fail to follow the rules or heed a number of warnings. The BF2142 Administrators have the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason we they see fit. BF2142 System Administrators and Tactical Gamer Moderators are the only players who have the right to exercise or take disciplinary actions within the context of Tactical Gamer's BF2142 forums and on-line game play.
ON-LINE GAMING (Basic Rules of Conduct)
No abusive behaviour;
No racist, sexist or homophobic behaviour;
Respect for Tactical Gamer and other members must be maintained at all times;
The elected or appointed in-game CO's (Commander) & SL's (Squad Leader) commands and directions are to be followed at all times;
Individual kit load-outs are to be consistent with the leaders request;
Inappropriate or unsociable use of on-line gaming systems will be dealt with at the discretion of the BF2142 System Administrators.
BF2142 System Administrators function as trouble-shooters, helping to maintain a positive and enjoyable atmosphere, both in forums and on-line gaming. Administrators are able to give warnings, close threads and move threads in all forums. In addition, administrators implement "time outs" or bans if members fail to follow the rules or heed a number of warnings. The BF2142 Administrators have the right to remove any post, topic or person for any reason they see fit. BF2142 System Administrators and Tactical Gamer Moderators are the only players who have the right to exercise or take disciplinary actions within the context of Tactical Gamer's BF2142 forums and on-line game play. The admins are here to ensure that players are having fun on the server and also to maintain gameplay that is expected on Tactical Gamer servers.
1) Non-Game Admins should not take responsibility for any concerns that they or other players may have resulting from other players. Report any issues to Tactical Gamer staff, Game Officers or Game Admins.
2) The public servers are our link to the outside world. As such our representation when playing should be one of best behaviour.
3) Remember to play the missions as though it is the first time you have played them. New players entering need to see how we play at Tactical Gamer.
4) You are required to review our Standard Operating Procedures regularly for guidance on what is expected on Tactical Gamer servers.