Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Discussion: Tactical / Battlefield 3 - Reserved slots for SM's? - 2 questions really: 1. Will there be a SM kick script in effect for the

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserved slots for SM's?

2 questions really:

1. Will there be a SM kick script in effect for the TG BF3 servers or is that still in the works?

2. If so, I'm assuming we will likely have to fill in our PID / Origin Player ID somewhere in our user CP?

Just curious because I know the servers will be flooded from the start, and I can only imagine the amount of requests going to the admins to make space.

Can't wait for next week!

-Vladd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Reserved slots for SM's?

Likely at some point but no promises. Dice has not released documentation on the admin protocol yet so we don't know if reserved slot support will be in at launch.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, its less than a week, surprised they haven't given you guys anything yet. Is that common ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the only server related screenshot I've seen.

I spot a VIP tab, so that's probably where you battlelog ID will go to give SM's priority.

Also notice the "PLUGINS" tab?

From: http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...erver_control/
    -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. - . -Sig rig: i5 2500k; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 8GB DDR3 1600; 2x HD6970s in X-fire; Corsair P128 SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if it's common, but it's not surprising Like the boss man said, no promises... but really it's a matter of when, not if we get reserved-slots for SM's.

Hopefully BF3 will use the same built-in, "VIP slots" system that we leveraged for SM-slots in BC2. If so, we should have something reasonably quickly. If they changed or omitted the VIP slots, then we'll have to circle back and come up with a 62/64-style solution which will take a little longer.