TacticalGamer.com is pleased to announce that all three of our BF3 servers are now using
A BF3 squad-VOIP Solution by Knyghtmare
What is TeamSync?
TeamSync is a server-based application that implements BF3 squad-VOIP using TeamSpeak 3. It synchronizes players on the TeamSpeak server with squads in-game.
How Do I Use It?
Using TeamSync is extremely simple!
1. Download and install TeamSpeak3
2. Connect to the TacticalGamer TS3-Server: TS.TacticalGamer.com:9988 (UN:Origin ID , PWD:blank)
3. Join a TacticalGamer BF3 Server
That's it! Once you load the map and join a squad, TeamSync will group you with the other players in your squad, and your TeamSpeak Press-To-Talk key will communicate with squad members.
TeamSync Advanced-Comms Plugin
TeamSync implements Squad-VOIP
entirely with a server-based
service. No plugins or downloads required!
For more advanced teamwork options however, there is a client-side
TS3-plugin available for download. This TS3-plugin implements SL-to-SL VOIP and team-wide VOIP! Download and installation instructions below
- All SL's can hear the SL-radio without the plugin. The client-side plugin only allows SL's to talk on that net.)
- TeamSync will automatically include all SL's in the SL-to-SL radio-net, however Pilots may manually join the SL-net by typing "@SL on" or "@SL off" in text chat.
How does it work?
TeamSync is a server-based application that communicates with both BF3 and TS3 servers on an ongoing basis. It compares the IP addresses of players on the BF3 servers with those on the TS3 server. It understands the channel-structure of TS3, and where it finds matches, it moves those players to the appropriate TS3 squad-subchannel.
- To support server seeding, the first 8 people on the server are kept in the same channel. Once more people begin joining, players are separated into separate squad channels.
- TeamSync only manages players in TS's Default Channel and the BF3 Channel Family. If you move to any other channel, it will stop synchronizing you with your squad (and resume once you rejoin a managed channel)
- A TG forum account is NOT required to use TeamSync on our servers. (Forum registration is required to use any of our other TS3 channels. Details on registering your account can be found here.)
- If an IP match cannot be done, it falls back to comparing in-game names to TeamSpeak names. Usernames can either match soldier name exactly OR your username can contain your soldier name in brackets. ex: “KnyghtMare (SirKnyghtMare)” will match to the BF3 soldier “SirKnyghtMare”.
Is the source-code available?
TeamSync is freely available. Download instructions and installation support can be found here: http://www.tssync.net/
How can I say thanks?
KnyghtMare has invested a huge amount of time in this effort. If you enjoy the fruits of his labor, please consider supporting him with a donation!
Note: For help with using TeamSync at TG, please see this thread!