Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Discussion: Tactical / Battlefield 4 - BF4 Teamwork + 1 Tips - This game is going to be incredible from a teamwork standpoint. I played a good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF4 Teamwork + 1 Tips

This game is going to be incredible from a teamwork standpoint. I played a good bit this morning and a single well run squad alone can decimate a lone wolf team. I saw this occurring during several rounds.

For my tip, if you are using the AK-12, use burst fire. It increases the rounds per second substantially if you can click fast.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Teamwork + 1 Tip

Another tip, if you have a small group get somewhere high with a laser and a few rockets. Keep your focus on the helos. We have found out today that most players will spend considerable assets to take you out. Including several full chopper loads of people. It frees up the ground teams to take control points. With the group I had we downed the choppers almost every time they lifted off and the other team got madder and madder and threw more and more choppers and players at us. They didnt realize until it was too late that we controlled the map.

Also, for the rocket guys. Wait until the laze is confirmed good. The choppers pop flares as soon as they are painted so wait for the 2nd laze before you fire. They never learn

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 teamwork tip: when defending a flag, drop ammo boxes (the kind that resupply explosives, not the bags that you start with) near flag poles. It's easy to describe, and it helps concentrate other friendlies near the flag into the radius of the flag so you ensure the flag stays yours.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredge View Post
    The choppers pop flares as soon as they are painted so wait for the 2nd laze before you fire. They never learn
    If you are flying a chopper wait for the multiple beeps, not the solid tone! Only pop flares when there is an incoming rocket

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: BF4 Teamwork + 1 Tips

...and for Assault, don't overlook the first aid pack. Watch your squad's health bars and spam the packs around to keep their health up. They're also great if you take damage...toss them in front of you as you run for cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zhohar View Post
    +1 teamwork tip: when defending a flag, drop ammo boxes (the kind that resupply explosives, not the bags that you start with) near flag poles. It's easy to describe, and it helps concentrate other friendlies near the flag into the radius of the flag so you ensure the flag stays yours.
    Is it my imagination or do the ammo kits not show up properly on the mini map? The big ammo crates look like C4 charge icons. Very confusing to me.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And free hugs. Give your team mates lots of free hugs!

(Do not forget to reload after each hug).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by E-Male View Post
    And free hugs. Give your team mates lots of free hugs!
    Oh, listen to that! You didn't even offer some of those chips you were eating during our last battle! You can hear E-Male munching on chips druing his last video!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed yesterday you can have two medkits out. Not sure if both are effective, but there it is. Also, if you're on the second floor of Delta flag they sometimes fall through the floor when you throw them. Just FYI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mepdaks - why you should not drop them while waiting for the enemy to come:

* You drop a medpak and ready for the enemy.
    * Enemy comes up - you get some rounds into him, but he bests you.
    * Enemy gets your medpak. If the enmy was a medic - it don't matter much. But if he does not have a medpak, you just hooked him up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingKnee View Post
    Mepdaks - why you should not drop them while waiting for the enemy to come:

* You drop a medpak and ready for the enemy.
    * Enemy comes up - you get some rounds into him, but he bests you.
    * Enemy gets your medpak. If the enmy was a medic - it don't matter much. But if he does not have a medpak, you just hooked him up.
    I can see your point, but it seems like a rare case... On the other hand, You can drop one next to you and as soon as bullets fly, step on it to get the h.o.t. Obviously this won't save you all the time, but it has been handy for me quite a few times.

The free hugs also seem to be a sound tactic. How do you get that unlock?
    SPOOK...
    "Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy." - George S. Patton

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tip: Don't equip a laser-pointer or flashlight on your primary weapon. It just makes you stand-out - the opposite of camouflage. (Yes you can turn the light off using <T>, but its hard to remember to do that - you're better off just not equipping it in the firstplace)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeySix View Post
    Tip: Don't equip a laser-pointer or flashlight on your primary weapon. It just makes you stand-out - the opposite of camouflage. (Yes you can turn the light off using <T>, but its hard to remember to do that - you're better off just not equipping it in the firstplace)
    This is more a personal adaption, but I've found rebinding that command from T to F is far easier to reach and toggle on the fly.

I think the best way to boil it down is if you know when to turn it off and can do so easily, use the attachment. If you see it as "one more thing I have to do", then don't.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeysix View Post
    tip: Don't equip a laser-pointer or flashlight on your primary weapon. It just makes you stand-out - the opposite of camouflage. (yes you can turn the light off using <t>, but its hard to remember to do that - you're better off just not equipping it in the firstplace)
    this!

Proud to have been a member of:

"Sergeant: Their three chevrons is a natural evolution warning you to run like hell; kinda like a cobra's rattle or those poisonous fish with bright colors."

One eye on a pistol and the other on the door...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Control setup and weapon control/attachments.

My mouse hand is my gun hand, obviously, so all weapon related controls are bound to my mouse. I have a Logitech G7 or G700 (can never remember). It has a tilting scroll wheel so tilting right switches to my primary, left to my secondary. This is really useful for swift transitions and way faster than scrolling.

Below that I have a block of 4 thumb buttons. Looking at it side on the upper right button handles reloads as it's nice and big. Upper left/forward is my attachment, be it torch or laser or 2x magnifier. I remember this as its forward on the mouse as a taclight would be on a rifle.

Below right is my fire selector, somewhat analogous to where it would be in RL. Below left/toward is my under barrel weapon if equipped, again somewhat representing where it would be on my gun/mouse.

I find that set up helps build muscle memory and frees my left hand up for movement. The default left alt VoIP actually works well for me too. I can work it whilst moving and its in a fairly natural thumb position for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast