Discussion: Falcon 4 Allied Force / Falcon 4 - Tactics and Missions Discussion - The radar cursor using Aim-120 - In the F4AF Setup screen, under the "Sound" tab, there's an option for "Player Voice".
In the F4AF Setup screen, under the "Sound" tab, there's an option for "Player Voice". Unchecking this option will remove all outgoing comms from your virtual self in the game. So if I am Fury 1-3 calling for a declare (or anything else), you'll get none of the "Fury 1-3, declare" stuff - only the response from AWACS. This can save some valueable time - you'll also get the response a lot faster this way. I've noticed that some of the people here use "Player voice off", some don't.
I don't know if you have discussed this before, or if you have any standard procedures on this. But it's worth checking out if you haven't already.
How many times have we tried to ID an in close contact with AWACS and the frequency is all jammed up with others talking and or trying to ID the contact as well. By the time you do get the call the contact has shot you down or some friendly!
How you sort and engage contacts is something that should be discussed in EVERY briefing. This is only a problem now because we don't have an SOP for it. From now on, whenever I am flight lead, sorting will be done in order of flight number. Here's a good breakdown of how to go about AA
- When everyone is saddled, have half the flight scanning at 80 miles, half at 40
- Make sure you cover enough sky. 0-40,000 is enough
- If a 4-ship, have half cover high (20,000-40,000) and half cover low (0-20,000) - Use a lower barscan to achieve this
- Holding down your lock key, with no target under your cursor narrows your search scan width. Useful if you want to scan a small portion of sky quickly.
- Assign targets before hand. Lead locks lead, 2 locks 2, etc
- If your a 4-ship and you come across a 2-ship. Lead locks lead, 2 locks 2, 3 locks lead, 4 locks 2. Lead and 2 engage but if they miss they can break off and 3 & 4 can fire
- call awacs in order, when your call comes in, say "2 sorted and locked" or something. Then the next guy can declare
That's off the top of my head, add some more and lets get a definitive procedure worked out here to use and make life easy for us, and hell on the bad guys <---- my angry face, grrrrr
I was encouraged by the number of people who showed up for Island Ep2 event on our Arma side. We filled the server and some super old forgotten faces peeked into our corner. This includes one of our...
Posted By |TG| B (2 Comments)
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM in |TG| B