Discussion: Operation Flashpoint / Operation Flashpoint - Tactics, Missions and Mod Discussions - OFP conversions and mods... - I recently have been hit with a re-addiction to OFP...
I've played the hell out
I recently have been hit with a re-addiction to OFP...
I've played the hell out of the default missions, so in my search for good missions, I discovered a number of mods and total conversions worth sharing... some with extra missions in there pack.
1. First off, If you have a newer video card, then it is highly recommended that you get the DXDLL enhancement. All this does is make everything look better, because it adjusts some of your DX settings, nothing more... real small download too.
2. another simple "enhancement" of all the missions and campaigns, and add-ons is the "ECP mod" (Enhanced Configuration Program) and as the title says... it just adds enhancements in your OFP program, kinda like more "options" to choose... like realistic radio chatter, secondary explosions, and poor burning tankers...
The Enhanced Configuration Project aims to increase the potential of OFP through providing enhanced configuration files and associated scripts that run without any in-mission triggers or code. The ECP provides:
Big brained AI
Additional special effects
ECP is an OFP 'modification' consisting of the following components:
ECP Dynamic Speaking AI
ECP Dynamic Range sounds
ECP Radio Chatter
You only need the ECP Core, however it is highly recommended that you download the other plug-ins as well.
In addition to increasing the enjoyment of the game for individuals, we aim to provide an open-source enhanced configuration for use by all mods.
3. another complete modification is the FFUR Packs, these are re-done islands and terrain in different hi rez packs like "Woodland", "Desert", and "Winter"... it also comes with a bunch of add-ons to be used in mission building... but no missions to show you. (5 big downloads)
4. Theres the FDF mod, "Finnish Defense Forces", this mod adds a bunch of add-ons and even some nice missions in the pack.
Working UAV, Radio directed Artillery, Working backpacks, HALO script, East and West Paramilitaries, total reworking of the weapons ballistics, huge selection of weapons, retextured East stock units, huge selection of unit types, East border map and Maldvek.
5. Now the Y2K mod, I just downloaded and installed this one a few days ago, and loving it.. thou a little unfriendly to my other mods... now I have 5 different short cuts to OFP on my desktop, just to get the right one when I want it, lol...
It has some cool effects like throwing cover smoke from your tanks etc ect...
NOW thats just 5 enhancements or modifications... plenty to get anyone getting back into OFP a new look, with some new action... sure there are plenty more, tons more, also tons of add-ons... like the recently released Mi-8 pack:
But it would be impossible to list them all... if you know any others worth checking out (full packs, not individual add-ons, that would take for ever,lol) please post the info here, with a link... I'll check out any of them myself, lol..
BTW: I am still looking for more realistic, more detailed armor battles with the M1A1 and Bradley's working togehter... I really love large scale armor battles, my favorite missions being "Armor Platoon" in game... any more like that, let me know.