OK guys, with the launch day so close, I want to let you all know about how you can organise events. This game is not like any other at TG, and does not require an "admin" presence to have a get together. So with that in mind, I want to encourage you all to have fun, and give you a quick template to post about what event you want to run.
1) Prefix the new thread with the ANNOUNCEMENT option, followed by the date and time and title if you have a name for it.
2) Objective - Does the event have one? Do you intend to fight on a particular continent? If so state which one so people can easily join from the outfit.
3) Numbers - Do you require a set number of people to sign up for it to work? For example, if you plan to mass wave attack the TR on Amerish, you will need more that 6 people.....
4) Strategy - Are you focusing on Infantry, Aircav, Armour?
5) Any more info you feel is relevant.
Feel free to make these posts guys, and to ask for sign ups if you want. They are open to anyone in the outfit, and if people in game join along then the more the better. It is just a simple easy way to get people together in game and have a blast, PS2 is after all all about scale.
Also, try to limit it to one event per day, no point in having 10 different events of one date!
Everyone knows what their time zone's displacement off of GMT is, so everyone just has to make one calculation.
Otherwise you'll have to work out your time zone's displacement off of EST, or convert EST into GMT, then back into local time. Figure out if the poster is on daylight savings time or not (or whether you are)...
It's not a big deal, it just seems like it would make the most sense to use GMT, particularly as TG prides itself on being a multinational group.
Strait /strāt/ (Noun) A narrow passage of water connecting two seas or two large areas of water: "the Northumberland Strait".