Originally Posted by Project Reality v0.61 Patch Update
While progress has been steady, we are taking a bit longer than initially intended to finalize the v0.61 patch as a few of our project leads have been busy dealing with real life issues. None the less, we do hope to release the Project Reality v0.61 patch in the very near future.
Here are a few of the finalized changes and fixes which will be included:
- Removed Crewman Wrench from Crewman Kit, tanks will now have to have engineer support to repair themselves.
- Rally points now give ammo again.
- Some maps have had significant game play adjustments, including ticket bleed adjustments, vehicle spawns and timers, Capture Point adjustments, etc. Full list of all these changes will be posted.
- Scoring system has been overhauled to encourage more teamwork actions and to fix a few incorrect scoring bugs.
- Fixed a lot of python scripting problems that were causing server and client crashes.
- Python code has been refined significantly to hopefully improve server performance.
- Insurgency mode overhauled, should be working properly now.
- Finally no more solo-tankers? Sure hope so.
- Not too sure about ammo from RP 's, used to be like this in 0.5 it seems so it 's just being fixed. I can't really remember how fast and what it exactly reloaded so I guess I 'll have to find out if this is good or bad...
- Fixed maps -> more in rotation -> stable server... sounds good.
- And last but not least -> INSURGENCY!! Really looking forward to this.
Spec Ops - no changes in this patch, expect alot of changes in v0.7
RP giving ammo - gives ammo to ANY infantry weapon/item. in BF2 there is no way to differentiate ammo (like in 1942). So you can rearm HAT, grenades, field dressing, etc. This was in v0.6 beta and v0.5, it was a bug that was introduced in 609 which will be corrected. The RP is a vulnerable thing, so firing from its position is not always the wisest idea. We want to maintain that the RP is a squads lifeline, so going back to it for rearming and regrouping is an important aspect we want to keep.
ETA - probably September, its done its just awaiting someone vital to package it all up.
Apache - will be in the 32 player version of Kashan, as USMC have borrowed some from the Army/Brits
The apache is much less convenient to use I reckon, the pilot is looking at the sky only unless he puts it into a dive
Is the apache a PR made model, prehaps thats why
Originally Posted by Jaymz
KoC is trying to hack in some sort of sway but even if that doesn't work we'll overhaul the deviation system so that your accuracy depends how much time you took to settle as well as several other things. DON'T assume you'll have realistic shooting in future builds of PR but DO assume that we'll make it as realistic as we possibly can within the confines of the BF2 engine.
Last edited by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger; 09-07-2007 at 06:39 PM.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.