I know this is a dated game, and somewhat of a stretch, but does anyone have experience with this game? I've been browsing the games on sale over at Steam and thought it may be interesting but I wanted to get some opinions. Thanks!
"There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig." EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"
Oops! I went looking and it was Sid Miers Railroad that I have.
I just checked on steam and for $7.49 I'd say if your interested go ahead and get it. It will cost you more than that to go see a movie.
Last edited by Scattershot; 12-31-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Reason: confused the 2 games.
"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome
"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab
Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry
The "buzz" I have heard is that RTII is a bit better than Railroads! because apparently Railroads! is too easy. Never played either of them, but you can get the RTII Platinum pack for something like $3 bucks off Steam right now, so why not give it a go.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.
I've been a fan since the original RailRoad Tycoon.
Railroads! is a horrible game, so don't even bother.
Railroad Tycoon 2, however, is a great game, and in fact, I still have it installed on my machine and play it from time to time. Absolutely worth the investment.
FROM THE TACTICAL GAMER PRIMER.
3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.
One of the best games I ever played. So simple to start yet so hard to master. The mark of a great game.
Im not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
- "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
- "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
- "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
- If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
- "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
- "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife
Star Citizen is an upcoming persistent-universe space simulator being created by Chris Roberts (veteran of the Wing Commander...