Welcome to Tactical Gamer

User Tag List

Discussion: Simulation / SWAT 4 - 31 JAN Missions - Had fun tonight Shoomfie, and Assault. Overall, we managed to do a damn good job

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

31 JAN Missions

Had fun tonight Shoomfie, and Assault. Overall, we managed to do a damn good job for jumping into an old school game and winging it. Few things I noticed:

1. Loadout. We need to figure out a better setup. We sorta got it at the end but I think before hand we should figure out who will carry most of what. I/E I was full up on flashbangs, someone else had CS, etc. This way we arent stuck with only a few bangers between us.

2. We should work out a game plan for building and room clearing. We kind of just jumped around and didn't have a flow for some of the maps. If we stick to clearing clockwise, or counter clockwise etc, we can keep our momentum going.

3. Commander interface. I was unsure if we should use it, but I could see the benefit. While we are in TS and can talk sometimes its hard to convey which door we are really going after. Maybe we can just use it to say stack up so we know which door were going through.

Overall though, not bad. I'm sure once we get some more play time in it will be even better. I'm just amazed that we have basically been able to just pick it up and run with it lol. All those years of gaming coming back to me now. The good old slow is smooth, smooth is fast days.

Hope to see you all on again real soon!

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 31 JAN Missions

Couldn't agree more. The setup would be better, but we were slightly limited by that server. We should figure out that whole server fiasco, and get SSF mod installed too. I think once we have "our own" server up we can start working on training sessions for room clearing, hallway movement, etc.. We did pretty good for how rusty we all claimed to be.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 31 JAN Missions

Very true, we should see if maybe we can bribe Wicks to drop a few hints at the next Admin meeting

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...