Tactical Gamer University presents: the Battlefield 2142 Conquest Mode Squad Leader Basic class.
Sign-ups 1. Sign-ups end Saturday, March 14th, 1PM Pacific Standard. 2. Sign Up format:
Time spent SLing:
Class Details Module: BF2142 Squad Leader Basic Format: TS and ingame instruction followed by drills. Instructor: |TG-3rd| Zhohar Date: Saturday, March 14th, 2008 Time: 1PM PST, 4PM EST Duration: 1.5-2 hours for instruction Location: TG Second Server Password: password and server IP to be disclosed in TS channel. Maximum number of students: 5 Ribbon Earned:
Miscellaneous Notes 1. Please don't sign up if you are an experienced SL. We reserve the right to refuse your sign-up on the basis of experience. The aim here is to keep the class size small and managable so that meaningful discussion can occur.
2. The class will be a bit less formal than in the past. There will be a lot more focus on what YOU don't understand, as opposed to what I think you ought to know.
3. It is possible to fail this class.
Chief criteria for judgment are:
- quality and quantity of participation (ie. are you asking smart questions and are you giving meaningful comments regarding what's being discussed)
- how well you demonstrate your squad organization skills during the drills at the end
- how confident you are when you address the squad. This is a natural limitation for some people, but it's important to, at least, try to appear confident as I sincerely believe this is a very key attribute of a good squad leader.
We're not aiming to be drill sargeants about this and fail people. What we are interested in is more involvement from the participants and more of a discussion than a lecture. Don't sign up if you are not interested in learning and participating. If you sit there quietly for 1.5 hours, you most likely will fail the class.
4. This thread is for sign-ups only. For discussion, visit the thread in BF2142 General Forums.
In-game Name: Axis_Sniper
Time spent SLing: I hardly ever Squad Lead, maybe an hour altogether, and I want to be more of a helpful leader when I have to. It sucks knowing you're unable to do much for your squad as Lead.
2. |TG-Irr| Cheburash
3. Time spent SLing: 09:22 (how do you get second-level precision, guys?)
Note that my participation is contingent on lack of conflicts with the Crossfire campaign. It may not start until the following week, but I don't know for sure yet.
Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
<23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.) Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
Star Citizen is an upcoming persistent-universe space simulator being created by Chris Roberts (veteran of the Wing Commander...