189th Bunker - you can look but you cannot find me
Project Reality Fly and Die Meet Up
Project Reality Fly and Die Meet Up
Part "training" event, part fun, part doing what you are afraid to try in a real game. This event is scheduled to allow those that can't, are scared to or otherwise never fly to engage enemy on the ground ready to engage you.
The premise is to organize 2 teams of 12 players. One team is flight operations, the other is anti-flight operations.
USA Flight operations team will only fly assets - planes and choppers.
MEC Anti-flight operations will only utilize infantry, armor and anti-air vehicles to engage the aircraft.
DATE AND TIME: "January 31st 2100 CET / 1500 EST"
Players will be required for TeamSpeak roll call in the TGU channel 30 minutes before the event.
Reserves will be called from a reserve list if players on the roster are no shows.
Module Name: Project Reality Flight and Anti-Air Practice Prerequisite: none Coordinator: TMAN
What not to post:
"What time will it be in my time zone?" Work it out. I posted 2 time zones for US and Euro members. "Are non-supporting members allowed to participate?" Yes. Priority for the roster is listed below. "Can you change the date?" No, the date is set. "I'm on the reserve list. How good are my chances of playing if I show up?" Decent. There'll inevitably be a few cancellations.
Quick Event Information Date: "January 31st" Time: "21.00CET" Be on Teamspeak By: "20.30CET" Estimated Duration:Plan for 2 hours, but if it is fun, it can go longer or until everyone leaves. Server: Password Given in Teamspeak. TGU Training Server Module: "Fly and Die Meet Up" Number of Participants: "24" Credit badge:None. This is not a training event, just a practice / fun event for those that never get to fly in a real game.
How Spots Are Assigned:
This is for players that don't normally get to fly for one reason or another. If great pilots sign up, they will be evaluated and probably assigned to the MEC to not fly. Those that never fly because they are afraid to or never have will be assigned to USA to get that opportunity.
If there is more than a 24 person interest, TG supporting members will get priority. I will fill the roster based on that, bumping non-TG players / non-supporting members if the demand grows beyond 24. Priority will go to supporting members, TG members then the general public in that order.
How to Sign Up
Sign up in this thread. You will be assigned to a team. The server has 24 slots, so that is the limit.
To sign up, please simply reply with the following items of information:
1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none)
2) Your in-game name.
3) Can you fly?
4) Do you want to try to fly?
Please reply to this message with the above information if you wish to sign up.
Players will be signed up on a first-come first-served basis, "expert" pilots will not get to fly in this event.
USA FLIGHT TEAM - Fly all available assets and destroy any enemy on the field.
RULES for USA:
1. No bombing either runway.
2. No attacking stationary AA assets in the North or any MEC starting area.
3. No fighting over assets to fly - be nice.
4. Squad Leaders can spot for targets and set laser targets.
MEC GROUND FORCE AA - Kill all air assets with any means possible using MEC assets on the ground only.
RULES for MEC:
1. No flying, unless a pilot leaves on his own announcement, making a slot for someone MEC that also wants to fly.
2. No destroying runways or anything inside either Main Base area.
3. No camping flight paths for take off or landing - this is also somewhat for practice.
4. Please build as many FOBs and stationary AA positions as possible. These are great for bombing practice.
5. One manning AA vehicles is OK for this event only. If you are brave and want to try it, have fun.
6. You may be MEC because you are a non-supporting TG member and were bumped.
RESERVE LIST - These are players that want to fly but signed up too late for a main slot.
RULES for RESERVES:
1. Show up in Team Speak TGU channel to see if there is room.
2. Monitor server during event and if you see it open up, take the empty slot.
3. You may have been bumped to the reserve list for not being a supporting member.
1) In house squad (unaffiliated if none) 69th Rapid Deployment Group
2) Your in-game name. |TG-69th|chrisweb89
3) Can you fly? yes, maybe practice landing tornado but thats it.
4) Do you want to try to fly? Other than the Tornado no, just laze and ground target.