189th Bunker - you can look but you cannot find me
Close Quarter Infantry Combat
Tactical Gamer University Teach and Execute Meet Up - Close Quarter Infantry Combat
Instructor - Dredge, U.S. Army Platoon Trainer in Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MOUT)
Get PR training from a real U.S. Army active duty urban combat expert.
Rules are posted below:
• Anyone can register.
• Players will be assigned to teams.
• As many rounds will be played as desired on game day.
• Team Speak 3 is required to attend.
The match will be played on SATURDAY, March 20, 2010
The map(s) for this event will be skirmish maps with city terrain.
Pre-game timeline is listed below:
1400 CST / 1500 EST / 2000 Central Europe Time – Meet in Team Speak 3for roll call in the TGU channel.
1430 CST / 1530 EST / 2030 Central Europe Time – Players move into game on the TGU training server.
The match manager will give the password out to the teams VERBALLY on the night of the meet up, just before we start. This is important to keep the roster tight. Don't pass on the password without the match manager's order.
1500 CST / 1600 EST / 2100 Central Europe Time – Start of training.
What we will do:
This meet up is to train on some close quarter infantry tactics, then execute them in a small map environment, 12 vs. 12 (2 full squads) under fire. All players will meet in 1 place on the map to run through some tactics using Team Speak 3 to do the instruction for all 24 players.
Basic Training Outline:
1. Useful weapons for Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MOUT).
2. Moving in a MOUT environment.
3. Clearing a building.
4. Defending a building.
5. Optimal locations for Automatic Rifle and other heavy weapons.
Once training is completed (30-40 minutes), the 2 teams will fight each other using these tactics. Play will continue until players get tired of it :-)
Award: The TGU Assault Tactics pin will be awarded for this event.
What is the point??
Training is reinforced by doing. This event will combine training with fun and experience in a controlled environment and closed roster. Executing the training with 24 players dedicated to testing the maneuvers under fire should be a good learning experience without the drawbacks of trying these maneuvers with public players on the live PR server.
If this first Gamer University Teach and Execute Meet Up goes well and is valuable to the community, we will host other events based on other themes. Possible events:
1. Scoped rifle and Sniper/Marksman shoot out.
2. Vehicle Mode Tank Combat.
How do I sign up??
To sign-up for this event, please quote and provide the following information in this thread:
• In-game Name
• In-house Squad Affiliation (unaffiliated if none)
• Do you want to be 1 of the 4 squad leaders?
When can I sign up?
Sign ups are open now!
Roster for play will be according to these rules:
1. No commanders.
2. Teams will be assigned when we reach 24 players on the sign up forum or the day prior to the training.
3. Squad Leaders will be assigned.
4. At the initial assignment time, all Supporting Members will be moved to the active roster, if they are in the reserves. Non-supporting members will be bumped in the order they signed up - last to sign up, first to go.
• "What time will it be in my time zone?" Work it out!
• "It's not fair! I keep getting pushed out by Supporting Members!" Sorry. It is part of being an SM to get into these events first.
• "I'm on the reserve list. How good are my chances of playing if I show up?" Very, very high. We cannot assure you'll get to play, but there are always last minute drop outs.
• This thread is not for discussion of the event, just the sign up. Please don't post other things here, use a regular post.
I was encouraged by the number of people who showed up for Island Ep2 event on our Arma side. We filled the server and some super old forgotten faces peeked into our corner. This includes one of our...
Posted By |TG| B (2 Comments)
03-03-2014, 10:50 AM in |TG| B