The boys and girls over at Taleworlds are at it again with their new game, Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword. WFaS is the third installment in the Mount and Blade series, where you can play on foot or mounted and fight it out with swords, axes, arrows and a host of other weapons on the med-evil battlefield.
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword expands on this by taking the game forward to the 17th Century and the conflict in North Eastern Europe, and probable the biggest change, "firearms". Yes that right you get to add Muskets to all your hacking and slashing.
Some of the new features include :
- A storyline based on the cult novel from Nobel-prize winner author Henry Sienkiewicz.
- A new century of warfare that brings pistols, muskets, grenades, and other advanced weaponry to the battlefield.
- Fully customizable armies; players can outfit their soldiers with each piece of weaponry & armor.
- Additional quest types. More political intrigue with colorful factions. More adventure in a new land.
- New economic system, which includes village / town development, a banking system, & new trade options. Players will have the opportunity to loan money, keep money on deposit, and arrange caravans.
- Multiple endings to sustain player's interest and increase replayability.
- Deeply researched historical component encompassing every aspect of the game's assets.
- Ferocious new multiplayer action, bringing players the thrill of pitting old technology against the looming threat of firearms.
For those who haven't tried the game before no worries, the new expansions is stand alone, and according to this interview at Rock, Paper, Shotgun http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...rd/#more-57643 the new game will release on may 3rd at the low low price of $14.99.
Head over to (http://www.taleworlds.com/) to learn more about Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword.