Originally posted by Zunni
I combined a bunch of highlights posted in the forums and some of my own transcribed items to make this list.
3.1 Change log items
- Lerk Backwards flying is included in this PT build, as well as some movement technique changes for skulk, and potentially (depending on how you play it) fade.
- Mines no longer stick to players
- armouries do not give out random health, we are still testing the mechanism we will use, but the concept of random health will not be there.
- Better end game notifications, so it will be easy to tell who has won the round of NS that just finished.
- Alien Hivesight has been extended so a structure under attack will display no matter where you are in relation to it
- Double-Tapping F4 is now required to return you to the Ready Room, people were having issues where they had a nice Heavy or had just Faded, and accidently hit F4, and lost the equipment, double-tapping f4 prevents this.
- Toggleable Labelled Minimaps, turns out "Cargo Bay" is "Cargo Bay" on pretty much every server in the world, so we've got this going on (thanks to JazzX for his work on developing the process/final product). Also, it's toggleable so you can choose to turn it on/off.
-Cloaking now 100%. Gas should no longer reveal cloaks
-ns_orbital official, pen15 location name change possible
-Fixed bug where onos would cloak while charging (should stay uncloaked)
-Fixed bug where comm lost armor while in the chair (from spores, nades, etc.)
-Added a duck toggle to help bhop skulks
-Placing a structure no longer sets a waypoint
-When a recycle completes there is now a "shower of sparks"
-Health circles visible around all structures if holding welder or heal spray
-Shotgun random now, half in 7% cone, rest in 20% cone, shotgun fall off removed
Other bits of info
- There are changes coming to many of the official maps, including co_sava, ns_eon and ns_bast in 3.1
- Hitboxes are being worked on for 3.1, we have given the new code to the playtesters and it's being tested. We attempted to deal with this issue in B5 however testing showed that there were unforseen issues with it, same with B6, however we are not giving up the hope of better hit detection and registry and continue to try different solutions.
- My Games News, in a nutshell, the development staff is entering into a limited "test" phase with Valve (so beta it's not even called NS in the list yet), so we are making progress in this area, we can't guarentee anything for 3.1, but things are moving.
-My Games progress is excellent, NS devs and some playtesters have access to valve test servers - Guess time frame 1 month
-Unknown worlds taking on contract work – they did some work on the upcomming charlie and the chocolate factory game
- The announcement about what Nexus is will be released when the Playtesters get their first crack at it in beta. The announcement will contain a complete overview/explanation and will also include a FAQ.
- NS:Source news, we've had the first glimpse of a NS Marine model (untextured) for NS:Source and it looks awesome.. As work continues and the collection of assets begins to grow and get textured, we will produce Screen Shots for happy consumption (we just aren't there yet)
- The onos will not be changed for 3.1, as we expect to have to almost completely overhaul it in order to bring it back in line with it's original purpose and that was outside the scope of what we wanted to achieve for 3.1.
-There will be a 3.1.1 - most likely a client update
-3.2 will be made, Interesting systems will be included