Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for a little event

Just a thought that got into my head.

Becuase for some reason the TG server has been more or less empty tonight, I spent some time on random NS servers. Well, after playing for awhile on the many different pub servers, I once again really appreciate TG. Anyways, here's my idea for something we can do some night:

At a prearranged time and date (preffereably around the time there would normally only be 4-8 TG players on) we get some TG members and TG regulars to meet at the TG server and change all thier names to include TG tags of some kind. Then, we go around to random pub servers and play a round each, for a period of say 2 hours. Then we go back to the TG server.

The reason why I think this would be fun would be:

) we'd get a chance to play NS maps with fewer than 10 people.

) We'd still be able to play with those we normally play with on the TG server (most of the good things about the server come from the players on it, so even if we aren't at the TG server, the games would have a TG feel).

) We might get more people to join the TG server, or at least to recognize that it is there.

) We'd get a chance to try new strategies out, seeing as most of our opponents won't be playing the way we'd expect them to play on the TG server.

) We might some fun matches as styles from different servers mix.

) We'd be showing off the level of skill at TG (though whether that is good or bad... ?).

) Allow me to repeat, odds are matches will be different from the way they normally go on the TG server. And most of us have been wanting more variety, and this would give a good sampling of what is out there.

So, who would be interested?
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Idea for a little event

I'd be game for this.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

TG Pubstars for the win!

I have done this before with some members and it was a lot of fun.

Comment

We did this on CS:S once. Suffice to say... it didnt work too well. We ended up nearly completely filling up the server, so that there were 2 non regulars. Make sure that you only have enough TG for 3-4 on each side at most.

Comment

If more than say 8 people arrive, we could just split into more than one group. And afterwards we can post about the matches here.

Comment

I'd like to try this, but how are we going to coordinate which servers we go to?

Comment

As I said, we'd meet at the TG server first, put on our tags, then take a look and find a server, preferrably one no or few of use frequent. Once enough people show up, we'd just all join that server.

Comment

A few points...

Do this without tags, if more than 3 people have tags on and you are on the same/differnt team and one side is raping the other you will get blamed for stacking.

For some reason people are more prone to call you a scripter/hacker/ect when you have many people that know each other on the server.

People will call you an ******* even though you haven't said a word to them or are even being nice.

I hate 90% of pubs. Smurfing rules.

Comment

So has anyone set a date, or decided when we should do this yet?

Comment

I've got this weeks Wed, Thur, and Fri nights free, from about 3:00+.

Comment

Seeing as noone else is posting, I'm going to try to do this thursday at ~8:00pm EST.

Comment

Ill set the date in me calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by Card AKA Karrd
                          Seeing as noone else is posting, I'm going to try to do this thursday at ~8:00pm EST.
                          I will show up!

Comment

i'll be there, it sounds fun.

Comment

The clan tags are a poor idea. If you're doing it for publicity, then suffice it to say that you won't be getting the good kind; the other team will be pissed off at you for clan stacking, and rightfully so. Realistically speaking, nobody really investigates a clan just because they all came to the server one day and did pretty well. Going around to random servers, piling on to one team and stomping the random pubbers is only fun for you guys, it's not even remotely fun for the people just trying to enjoy a game. If you really have to teamstack for a while, do it without the tags so as not to muddy the server's reputation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X