Need Help with HLSS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with HLSS

Hi can anyone out there help me with how to get hlss to work with ns i want to try it out but i dont know how to even start please help!!!!!

Email= [email protected]

Re: Need Help with HLSS

welcome to tg, Lucky15234, please read teh Rules, ANnouncments and SOP's in my signature. hope you enjoy youre stay here. Whats hlss? like source sdk? is it half life screen shot?

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
      welcome to tg, Lucky15234, please read teh Rules, ANnouncments and SOP's in my signature. hope you enjoy youre stay here. Whats hlss? like source sdk? is it half life screen shot?
      It's the utility used to play WAVs and such over voicecomm.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

ahh. im guessing that you could play those form the console ingame. i personally have no experience with the original hl and ns but i have hl2 and css and those are on similar setups.

Comment

Half-Life Sound Selector is tricky. The best I can do is refer you to this tutorial made for HLSS and Steam. Good luck.

Comment

I find it odd that some of us are willing to help people figure out a tool that is perhaps the most annoying thing to ever come from the HL mod community. The only player I have ever seen use HLSS in a non offensive way is Yellow, and sometimes he pushes the limits.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Learning how to use it is no crime. Using it incorrectly is. :)
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

i have no clue what the program does. i was just answering a question with some possible solutions but now that i think about it, it does seem like it would cause some problems and has the potential to be extremly annoying.

Comment

I used it all the time back when I was admin of a very popular CS 1.6 server. People loved it, until idiots came in and ruined the fun by spamming crude things on it.

If used correctly, it is a VERY neat little program to work with :)

Comment

There really is no need to use HLSS. All it does is annoy people most of the time.

Comment

This is tactically dangerous.

Comment

I wrote my own utility for doing this. Totally external of HL (what I prefer), and only requires voice_inputfromfile on and off binds.

But I rarely ever use it, I tend to just copy files manually myself. So it takes a few seconds to switch..

:)

Comment

well im still confused, but i like hlss because i see kids with it in ns servers and they can play some good music on it for every one to enjoy. well if i cant get hlss to work how else can i get music to play by the console? can some one give me steps please?

Comment

HLSS makes me cry. But on the brightside, downloading it gave me Banana Phone :)

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                              Half-Life Sound Selector is tricky. The best I can do is refer you to this tutorial made for HLSS and Steam. Good luck.
                              HairyNevus gave you a link to a tutorial. it looks like the program is outdated but try the tutorial anyway.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X