Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginners guide to registering your Steam ID

Guide to registering your Steam ID

First you must register in the Tactical Gamer forums.

Then after you have registered you must find your Steam ID

To find your Steam ID type status in your console

The status window will look like this. Highlighted in the red box is what your Steam ID will look like. Now either write your Steam ID down on a piece of paper or copy it by highlighting, then rightclicking.

Now you need to open up your forum profile.

Login and click on your User Control Panel "User CP"

Next click the "Edit Profile" button located in the Settings and Options Menu on the left hand side of the screen.

Scroll down your profile until you get to a box that says Steam ID:

Remember the numbers I told you to write down earlier? Now is the time to enter them remembering to add STEAM_ at the beginning and the colons in the middle

Also, a friendly reminder that anyone using the alias NSPlayer will be auto kicked. Just one example on how we hold gameplay to a higher standard on this server.
    Now after a couple of map changes you can play on the Tactical Gamer NS server!

searchid: tgnsregister
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 08-21-2005, 08:23 PM.

Re: Beginners guide to registering your Steam ID

wow, exceptional job!!
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Aside from a reminder that steamids start with STEAM and run through to the end fo the number (not all are STEAM:0), excellent job.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Note: you can highlight you steamid then right click and select copy. I'm so pro.

Comment

Don't you need to connect to a server first?

Maybe once it's perfect, add that your name cannot be NSPlayer or you will get kicked before you join, and rename this "Beginners guide to playing on TacticalGamer.".

Regardless, excellent job. Major rep for this one.

Comment

Great work, dwag. If you'll update this per Poker's and micr0's suggestions, I'd like to Sticky it or put it in the announcements forum.
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
              Great work, dwag. If you'll update this per Poker's and micr0's suggestions, I'd like to Sticky it or put it in the announcements forum.
              "New Posts" owns Wyz. He doesn't notice things already stickied.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Guilty as charged.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

It took me nearly 15 minutes just trying to figure out where the field for steam id is.

<--- nub :(

Comment

The point is to weed out the idiots. Looks like you made the cut, even if only just barely. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      The point is to weed out the idiots. Looks like you made the cut, even if only just barely. :)
                      so how long did it take for you to get your's in? :P

Comment

I'm the guy that told Apophis to put the field there. :)

Comment

What about reminding the newbs they have to CONNECT TO A SERVER before typing status....

Comment

I have linked to this thread from the announcements forum.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=56217

Comment

We need to sticky the answer to the following question.

I've been told that inaddittion to my steam_id being put into my user_cp it also needs to be placed somewhere else. Where is that?
                              I haven't had a ? for a very long time. Then it showed back up and my steam_id in user_cp is correct.
                              What else do I need to do to get the ? removed again?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X