ns_shivab5 is on the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_shivab5 is on the server

Attached are labeled minimaps. Do feel free to evaluate the map and share your opinion about whether or not it should be added to the rotation.

The video feeds we received clearly show that we are dealing with Kharaa, and indicate three primary areas of infestation. The sample analysis room has been most severely infected which is to be expected considering that it was the original source. The infection appears to have spread through a ventilation shaft to the primary datacore where the bacterium is feeding off of the heat from the storage units. From there it spread through the nanocoolant to the coolant processing pumps. We expect one of these three areas to reach hive critical mass in the next 24 hours.
    Map thread at naturalselection.com:
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=73958

Attached Files
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: ns_shivab5 is on the server

Shiva sucks.

Comment

Care to offer some supporting evidence?

Comment

There's an invisible wall in double, there are tons of paths that dont go anywhere except a dead end, it's hard to lerk or fade, difficult for onos's to move around, many paths in the water-hive that dont go anywhere, you get stuck on anything and everything, you can't hear anything in the Coolant hive because the steam coming from the pipe is louder than everything else, and there are 2 holes in the middle of the map that serve no purpose except to fall in and die.

Is that enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
          There's an invisible wall in double, there are tons of paths that dont go anywhere except a dead end, it's hard to lerk or fade, difficult for onos's to move around, many paths in the water-hive that dont go anywhere, you get stuck on anything and everything, you can't hear anything in the Coolant hive because the steam coming from the pipe is louder than everything else, and there are 2 holes in the middle of the map that serve no purpose except to fall in and die.

Is that enough?

Is this based on the version we played on the TG server a while back, or the more recent beta5?
          Steam Community: | |

Comment

Where are these things? Give me as much information as you can so I can fix them.
            The invisible wall in double for instance. I've never run across it.
            Also, where are these dead ends you are referring to? And in datacore hive? Its just one big room . . .

Comment

moultano is, of course, the map's creator.

Hopefully we can give you feedback that will help improve the map, moultano.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

We (briefly) discussed this before, as shiva beta 4.
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=33793

I'm looking forward to seeing the most recent version.

EDIT: That wasn't beta4 that was beta2a (guessing from the file name of the screenshot)
                Last edited by rs_al; 07-15-2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Incidentally, there is a more recent version than this. I didn't advertise it widely, cause I was really rushed to get it out in time for the CAL preseason this weekend.

Here's the changelog and download
                  http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/rmoul..._shivab5.1.zip

Changelog:
                  -fixed spawning in middle of nowhere bug (hopefully)
                  -raised commander view by ~300 units
                  -fixed a stuck issue for fades in datacore
                  -twiddled hive and spawn locations in datacore to hopefully clear up the illusive "structure in the way" placement bug.
                  -added ~100 units to the height of cryochambers
                  -added ladder in maintenance to second conveyor door area
                  -added ~32 units to selected hallways around marine start and elsewhere
                  -modified particle systems to be friendlier to lower end systems
                  -tweaked lighting and texturing in draft shafts
                  -improved r_speeds in some locations

Comment

I've put b5.1 on the server (changelevel ns_shivab5.1).

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                      Now see, was that so hard?

Is that enough?
                      Attitude? Yes, thank you.

Comment

Thanks. I'll get that checked out.

Comment

There's something wrong with the autodownloading of this map. We just switched the map over and my client autodownloaded ns_shivab5.1.bsp and sprites/ns_shiva/thanks.spr When the map loaded, HL crashed with the complaint "cannot load ns_shiva.wad"

To verify it, I retried several times, then exited steam/hl and deleted the shiva files, then tried to reconnect. It still failed with the same error. The link to the zip file in this thread does include a shiva .wad file and other files, which I am about to try. If I don't post again, the zip file worked.
                          Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I had the same problem Zib. I ended up having to find the specific files and moving them to where they were supposed to be.
                            --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

I had the same problem on a diff server, I think it's probably the . in the name.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X