ns_thorstation (ns_thor_d3) is on the server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ns_thorstation (ns_thor_d3) is on the server

Do feel free to evaluate the map and share your opinion about whether or not it should be added to the rotation.

Map thread at naturalselection.com:
    http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/...howtopic=92889

Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: ns_thorstation (ns_thor_d3) is on the server

I see a lack of alien nodes that could be realistically capped. It looks like if you get the bottom or top hive you would be screwed. This map needs like 1-2 more nodes. But meh itís always worth a try I guess.

Comment

Well it looks like the hives are connected enough for aliens to easily cap and hold those 3 nodes, making it easier to focus on grabbing 1 or 2 more. Too bad 5/8 nodes are facing marine spawn and easy for marines to get too fast.

Comment

This map is GINORMOUS. It seems like its sweet spot would be 13v13, with two-three squads fighting it out for different control of areas. I would definately love a night where we opened up the server maybe even to 16v16 and played the larger maps and saw the differences.

Otherwise, phase gates and sensory chambers will make this an interesting change of pace. The map overall is beautiful, if the r_speeds are a bit high in some places (for some reason there are huge fps drops in all the hives...).

Thank you so much for putting it on the server though, I really liked the feel of it (even if the feel was uneasy).

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
          This map is GINORMOUS. It seems like its sweet spot would be 13v13, with two-three squads fighting it out for different control of areas. I would definately love a night where we opened up the server maybe even to 16v16 and played the larger maps and saw the differences.

Otherwise, phase gates and sensory chambers will make this an interesting change of pace. The map overall is beautiful, if the r_speeds are a bit high in some places (for some reason there are huge fps drops in all the hives...).

Thank you so much for putting it on the server though, I really liked the feel of it (even if the feel was uneasy).
          Are you insane? 10v10 is freaking choatic and you want to try 16v16 lol

Comment

Yes, 10v10 is chaotic, but once you walk around on this map you will realize why I said what I said. Lots of work for the commander, and pretty much a whole different style of play, but I think it has a lot of potential for fun.

Only epic battles would be fought on thorstation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X