It's been awhile but...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been awhile but...

I'm actually looking to get back into playing NS. Reading through some of these changelogs, a lot seems to have changed (I played way back when NS was still in Beta to the 1.0 release and a few more patches after that). Playing a gorge was so much fun! I tried NS: Combat when it was released, and it really didn't have that "true" NS feel to it. It was rather hectic and felt a little pointless to me. Though I must admit, it did make being a lerk incredibly fun.

So the question is: shall I make my triumphant return now, or shall I wait until they release a Half-Life 2 version of NS (if they ever do)? :D

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

Re: It's been awhile but...

After looking at the server, I noticed nobody's on! When do you all play?

- Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

8-12 pm is when everyone usually plays.

Comment

Our peak time is in the evenings starting around 7 and ending around 12, but lately it's been a little less like clockwork. Just refresh every so often, and come join us.
        --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

I think the problem is nobody goes on because nobody is on. If you were to possibly go on when you saw that nobody was on then maybe some more would come on. I noticed that when I played a few months ago when I had time to come on, that during the time I would prefer to come on, I would notice that nobody else was on. However I still went on and waited and more people came on.

On.
          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Yeah - listen if you want to play right now, you join the server, others will join and play too. Instad of waiting for people to slowly trickle in / go to alternate servers, just join immediately and play with some bots if you need to - or just idle as a spec and alt-tab out.

Lol "Come IDLE TGNS at tgns.tacticalgamer.com!!!"

Comment

Just played for about half an hour. Doesn't feel too different from the NS I remember, thank goodness! I'll definitely be joining you all for more games. Though I don't remember the maps very well. Be kind and give me waypoints instead of "Go to 'Grand Zamba Yartin Control Central Computer West', not 'Grand Zamba Yartin Control Central Computer East' guys!!!" I felt kind of like a tourist with a bunch of residents running in a race to the next objective.

Also, thanks for the welcome on the server, Keres! :D

- Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by improbablecause
                Just played for about half an hour. Doesn't feel too different from the NS I remember, thank goodness! I'll definitely be joining you all for more games. Though I don't remember the maps very well. Be kind and give me waypoints instead of "Go to 'Grand Zamba Yartin Control Central Computer West', not 'Grand Zamba Yartin Control Central Computer East' guys!!!" I felt kind of like a tourist with a bunch of residents running in a race to the next objective.

Also, thanks for the welcome on the server, Keres! :D
                Use these labeled minimaps.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=33528

Comment

Pfhor beat me. He wins.

Also, find a player with [TG] in their name (or next to on the scoreboard) and stick with them when your comm is ordering you all to a place. They'll likely lead you to the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                    Pfhor beat me. He wins.
                    Remember this, he never wins.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse