• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crosshairs

gogogogo!

post a pic of your crosshairs!
    (\_/)
    (O.x)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Re: crosshairs

I use the deafult. I think we all know what those look like...
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

LMG:

SG:

Pistol:

All other weapons use the defaults.

Comment

Send me your crosshairs pfhor gogogo

Comment

LMG/Pistol: red dot
          HMG/Welder/Knife: Blank
          GL: red default
          SG: The most inner XHair that pfhor uses, dyed red.
          Parasite/Umbra/Spore/Spike: The standard 3 dots, without the weird crap all around it, red.
          All other alien: Default, but red.

I thought making them red would make them easier to see, but I still frequently lose track of them. Next release I'm planning on green, or maybe yellow. Or, a yellow-green. That would be nice.

Comment

Default. Everything.

Comment

Default.

Comment

I consider custom sprites as an unfair advantage to those who aren't internet savy enough to get them. That being said, I don't use them so I can say im on par with 'those who aren't internet savy enough to get them.'

A good comeback to this post would be to say that obviously I am one of 'those who aren't internet savy enough to get them.' however I'm taking that comback so you can't use it. And my comment to myself on the matter is: No.

[EDIT]And if you hadn't figured it out from all those excessive words above, It basically means "Default" [/EDIT]
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
                  I consider custom sprites as an unfair advantage to those who aren't internet savy enough to get them. That being said, I don't use them so I can say im on par with 'those who aren't internet savy enough to get them.'

A good comeback to this post would be to say that obviously I am one of 'those who aren't internet savy enough to get them.' however I'm taking that comback so you can't use it. And my comment to myself on the matter is: No.

[EDIT]And if you hadn't figured it out from all those excessive words above, It basically means "Default" [/EDIT]
                  Unfair advantage?...there is a huge difference between an advantage(the advantage only being the person likes the crosshair) and an unfair advantage. How is a custom crosshair an unfair advantage? Also they are pretty easy to find and install.

IMO people worry too much about "advantages" and such as long as someone isnt hacking or useing some type of exploit they are on the same par as you are.

Here is a site with some crosshairs: http://www.customns.net/ Everything you can DL on this site you can play with mp_consistancy 1 (for cal mainly)

Comment

enjoy your shotgun sprite hax while they last... it will be random in 3.1
                    Steam Community: | |

Comment

Actually, I switch off between the imposed bullets SG Xhair and a smaller circle one. Since you're all obsessed with finding out what it is, it's here. Guess the color. Win a prize*.

*Prize may not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                        enjoy your shotgun sprite hax while they last... it will be random in 3.1
                        Its probably for the better. It makes no sense to have a shotgun have magical bullets that randomize when shooting a wall, but fire in a strict pattern when shooting a lifeform.

Besides, the 3.1 shotgun range is increased from 600 units to 6128, which is awesome.

Comment

I thought they already took off the range restriction in 3.0.5?

@Nevus--Red! What do I win? =)

@Vinzalf--If I wanted custom crosshairs, I'm sure I could figure out how to get some with little trouble. But I've never considered it to BE much advantage, so I haven't bothered. I don't lose track of where my crosshair is on screen, I don't have problems with the crosshairs obscuring whats behind them, and I don't tend to forget what weapon I have selected even using no-crosshair weapons, so it doesn't seem to matter much to me. The only thing I might want to get is maybe a devour crosshair.

Comment

Whats the purpose of having a crosshair that has bullets in it??? (shotgun crosshair that pfhor posted)

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
                              Whats the purpose of having a crosshair that has bullets in it??? (shotgun crosshair that pfhor posted)
                              Eech of those round circles is the exact place a pellet will hit. This is changing in 3.1 where the shotgun spread will be random. The first 5 pellets will be in a 7% cone and im not sure about the rest. Also the shotty will have like 6000 units of range so there will be no falloff but the spread will be really huge at far range. I think the random shotgun will be about the same as the one we have now if not better.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X