Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is TG prepared...

For the My Games list?

I was wondering what, if anything, you have prepared for the influx of players that will almost certainly appear when NS gets on the My Games list.
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Is TG prepared...

Originally posted by Card AKA Karrd
    For the My Games list?

I was wondering what, if anything, you have prepared for the influx of players that will almost certainly appear when NS gets on the My Games list.
    I don't see why not. We have handled traffic spikes before, so what makes My Games any different?

Comment

I think he's referring to the influx of new players, which has historically diluted the "purity" of regulars on the server. I don't think it will be a problem as long as we maintain required forum registration. And please guys, if it doesn't seem like someone is communicating and fitting in with our playstyle, DON'T VOUCH THEM. The 90 seconds are there to give them a chance, and the system doesn't work if you give them the rest of the map just because they're there.

Comment

Originally posted by Zek
        I think he's referring to the influx of new players, which has historically diluted the "purity" of regulars on the server.
        That happens every day over in CS:S land. Ask Root. You need to be vigilant, that's all.

I don't think it will be a problem as long as we maintain required forum registration.
        That's a good idea. We should steal that!

Comment

I posted this right after visiting the NS forums, and I'd sort of forgotten about the new plugin. That should protect the server.

My biggest worry though is if the server capacities are reached. There are ~450 Servers, and I'd give them an optumistic total capacity of about 9,000 slots. With 2.5 million steam users, potentially, we could have every server full of nothing but newbies. And that's not factoring in that many servers are password locked. It's unlikely but still perfectly possible.
          "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

Dont newbies still get kicked by registered (TG) Members?

If so, It wont be a problem for them.

And creates a nice incentive, too.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I don't really see ns being added to the my games list to be a problem. NS needs more players anyway and everyone was a newbie once. Most new players that notice ns on the my games list will prob try it once decide its too hard and not play it again.

The main thing that is annoying to me are the so called "newbie breeding ground servers" I wont name names but this is where basicly people with a skewed view of NS teach others about the game. These servers are really easy to get banned from because all the regs there cry about hacks/scripts/spawncamping when they lose.

People that ruin games are easy to deal with, you just kick/ban them and rarely is there no admins/supporting members on a full server.

Comment

I think we should add a second server for the first week or 2 of the My Games release, and forcus on keeping a strong SM and regular presence during that time.

We could pick up a number of new members as a result.
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

I say we see what will happen. Regardless overall the good far outweighs the bad once its on My Games.
                  TG will either thrive even more, or remain how it is today. Its a win-win.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X