NS:Combat - Territory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS:Combat - Territory

I'd like to install NS:Combat - Territory on our NS server. Any objections?
    Territory is a Natural Selection Modification that implements a new game type. It's implemented as a Plugin and runs Server Side.

It takes NS: Combat gameplay and changes a few rules. Specially designed maps have been made for it also.

Your objective is to control key positions of the map represented by Resource Nodes. No CC or Hive destroying, just controlling the nodes. There is actually more than one game mode for it, and some maps support more than one, which adds even more diversity to the game.

You can think of Territory as a step between Combat and NS Classic. You still have the experience/level system of Combat, but with a few strategy elements from Classic. You need to capture, build and hold key positions on the map and attack the enemy controlled positions.

Since you have several points to attack and defend, teamwork is a must. I think even those people that dislike Combat, because they think it's boring and repetitive, will like Territory since it's more tactical and dynamic at the same time. Territory could also help new players to have an easier transition from the simple frag-oriented Combat to the complex strategy-oriented Classic.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: NS:Combat - Territory

Install away. I would love to replace combat.

Comment

Go for it. If it stinks, we can always remove it later.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Sounds good. The only issue would be how many players it is designed for. Usually we play co_ until 6v6....can territories play well less than that?

Still I am up for anything that replaces combat. Plus it will get new players to our server.

Comment

From the site's "Features" page:
          Territory was designed to be fun from 2x2 to 16x16. You just need to play in apropriate map sizes.
          We'll see....
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

this sounds great, anything to replace combat.

Comment

Sounds alot like UT2004's (ok, UT in general) double domination mode. That's a good thing. :D

Comment

Mah combat :-o

NOOOOOO!!!

Comment

This sounds really cool, and I'm suprised more things like this haven't appeared for NS. Go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                    Mah combat :-o

NOOOOOO!!!
                    Go back to cs nub.

we shoululd try this new CO out.

Comment

Originally posted by T_BEAR
                      Go back to cs nub.

we shoululd try this new CO out.
                      No, you can keep him! We have problems of our own! :icon16:

Comment

Originally posted by ----paranoid----
                        From what I have played of NS:T it's great to play BUT

Small games are very alien bias, save your xp for higher lifeforms straight away and it's hard to kill an alien.
                        That's not any different from normal combat though--I'd love to try it.

Mid game, marines have gone straight for hmg's, the aliens can't save the rt's from going down.
                        It's worth a try and it does become old fast i'm afraid and frustrating when you can not achieve building the structure or rt becuase hmg's destroy them too quickly.
                        Do the structures not count as "buildings" in the code of NS-Territory? Because HMGs are programmed to do 1/2 damage vs buildings normally, and really shouldn't be much danger to RTs. It's the shotguns you have to watch out for. 2 people with shotguns can drop an RT inside 5 seconds.

Comment

I played a bit of this on the NSA territory server, it was more fun than combat. It seemed to have some bugs with the voting system though.

It seems like the games are more of a team effort because you have more smaller objectives. Also the whole map gets used.

We should try this on the server.

Comment

CO makes me want to punch you in the face.
                            Go back to cs nub.
                            Quoted for truth :o.
                            (\_/)
                            (O.x)
                            (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Comment

I just want to know when i can get on to try this out.
                              Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X