'say' binds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'say' binds

Guys, keep the 'say' binds for ammo/meds/RTs/etc short and sweet. Every time you use those, you clutter 7 or 15 other HUDs.

I can appreciate the novelty of being able to automatically spew an entire and well-formed English sentence ("Commander, I'm empty and need ammo, STAT!") or gratuitously(albeit beautifully)-decorated single word (".::-===[[] !!!MEDPACK!!! []]===-::.") every time you slap a single key on your keyboard, but that stuff interferes with your team's ability to see the game.

So, review your binds, and keep them short. I'd say that, if you've got more than about 10 characters, there's fat to trim there.

This applies only to a fraction of the people reading this, but that count is sufficient enough that this is more reasonable than PMs about this.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: 'say' binds

Mah catpak bind is long because I have to specify that it's at a medpack alert. Though, it's never worked. :(

Okay, I changed it. All my other binds are 1 word except my informative "register your STEAMID at the TG forums" one.

Comment

sooo...

"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"MEDPACK"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"^`'*-=~+,._.,+~=-*'`^"
      is unacceptable?
      RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I'm pretty sure that's not possible, much less acceptable. :)

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Whatever shall become of my important software mapping of a key to the ever present and undeniable presence of immaculate experience spanning across relativity itself?

Comment

I'll just have my good friend Wyzcrak MAKE it possible!

bleh, I barely use the binds as default anyways, I'm not bold enough to assume im worth spamming text for a medpack.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

As a commander, those binds show up exactly where I'm looking, so I take very real value from people using them. But they should be used responsibly.

Comment

Agreed on the short and sweet part.

If you play at a lower resolustion this might be very helpful to you:

Go to http://www.customns.net/ click on the "other" tab and DL the small fonts. I love the small fonts.

Comment

I'm not using the small fonts presently, as I'm running at a higher resolutions. But when I ran at a smaller resolution, they were game-changing for me. Good stuff. They've been discussed here before.

Comment

can we still bind a key to amx_tt "Medpack me please I am very low on health and would appreciate a medpack so that I might continue to contribute to the team in a useful fashion"? It isn't a say command.

Comment

b&

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        b&
                        I smell a reinstatement of the ten character rule coming.
                        [volun2]
                        NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                        Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                        <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                        <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

ThatGone?

Comment

Buh...8? Bait? al is jailbait?

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              b&

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                              Buh...8? Bait? al is jailbait?

*slaps forehead*

Duh, he said Buh...ampersand

Bampersand

WARNING: The three letter word that begins with A, ends with S, and has the 19th letter in the alphabet in the middle is on the page linked above!

:row__584:
                              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X