NS 3.1 to consties...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS 3.1 to consties...

Yup, check the NS.com Site, quite a few updates.
    Oyee

Re: NS 3.1 to consties...

I like the changes, but no new maps? :(
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

The changelog looks AMAZING for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Some stuff that gets me excited -
      - Hand grenades are now more useful (see Card's thread for that one)
      - Invoking a query from the popupmenu ("Follow me", "Covering you", "Weld/Heal me") displays an icon over the player issuing the query. This lasts for 6 seconds.
      - Shotgun pellets now spread randomly: five pellets in an outside 20 degree cone, and five pellets within a 7 degree cone (no more shotgun sniping for people with custom crosshairs!)
      - Armory now consistently supplies 10 health with every use (although I think it should be more like 20)
      - Added support for labelled minimaps (we can stop telling n00bs where every room is)
      - Mines and Hand Grenades moved to weapon slot 5 (easier to select)
      - All sayings from the popupmenu now have a cool down time of 3 seconds, to prevent them from being spammed. (this was more annoying than HLSS)
      - Players can now climb up ladders without having to face up or jump on to them (Yippee!)

They've reworked some of the maps, but they haven't touched co_daimos and co_angst. I wish they would put those back to their 3.0b5 versions.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi MCF
        They've reworked some of the maps, but they haven't touched co_daimos and co_angst. I wish they would put those back to their 3.0b5 versions.
        Me too.
        Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
          I like the changes, but no new maps? :(
          I'm trying to get some momentum behind ns_shiva to see if I can get it in. No luck so far though.

Comment

You should hear about the other new features planned for 3.2 you MIGHT even see the nexus released in 3.2 har har har
            USAR

Comment

squeak is the sultan of tease
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

I just played a 1 hour long game of ns 3.1 and I have to say: it is epitome of multiplayer gaming perfection. Every addition and change is well implemented and polished. My favorite additions to the marine team (haven't really played aliens that much):

Grenades- holy crap the grenades absolutely rule. There is no priming time, you just click the fire button and it throws instantly. They explode hella fast, as well.

Armory- OMG THE ARMORY GIVES ME HEALTH GG

Shotgun- it has a random arrangement, but very very little spread and no range restrictions, so if you put your crosshairs on a skulk 40 meters away there is a good chance you will hit it with at least a few pellets if not more. A level 3 shotgun is the awp of ns.

Notification icons- quite helpful, especially the "weld me" icon

I've also notice that the game runs a helluvalot smoother on my aging hardware. I'd say congrats to the devs making a near-perfect game even better.

Comment

Sounds good. :D

But, I thought they said the shotgun had the same spread. Maybe the ramdomness makes it have a probability to be more accurate?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfhor
                    A level 3 shotgun is the awp of ns.
                    *shudder*
                    I've also notice that the game runs a helluvalot smoother on my aging hardware.
                    *quiver*
                    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Shotgun- it has a random arrangement, but very very little spread and no range restrictions, so if you put your crosshairs on a skulk 40 meters away there is a good chance you will hit it with at least a few pellets if not more. A level 3 shotgun is the awp of ns.
                      Which is great, because, you know, we really need an AWP in NS! [/sarcasm]

I don't *think* it's the same spread, I think the cone from 3.0 was larger than 7 degrees. I want to say it was 10-20 as compared to 7-20.
                      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Well the marines needed a boost didn't they? It only achieves awp-like status at lvl3 and even then it isn't so powerful that it makes decent 2 hive skulks or lerks useless.

Why don't you try it before you make judgments man.

Comment

I was on a 3.1 test server earlier, Saw Pfhor there too, then I think he left for chicken or something. But anyways, it had a definate different feeling to it, But it was good.

Skulk jumping off walls is nice.. but that was the only change to aliens I personally saw while playing.

The Marine notification icons are awesome.

Noticed at least for the Marines when Voicecomm was used, the bright yellow icon was replaced with a nice blue one.

I think it will be real nice when its released.

I was unable to play during a large game, which was disapointing, most of the time people just wanted to goof off in the server, so I couldn't see real action.

Anyhow, Might play it again before release, its just not fun without a server like TG. --Wyz, you should try getting, with Apophis' Permission of course, a TG Hosted test server.

That'd be teh l33t.
                          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I always thought the pistol script was the awp of NS.

And I don't want to see any new maps until Agora gets back in. I can't believe they cut it last minute and crammed that eon crap in instead. /rant.

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                              I always thought the pistol script was the awp of NS.

And I don't want to see any new maps until Agora gets back in. I can't believe they cut it last minute and crammed that eon crap in instead. /rant.
                              qft

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X