Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expect to be hearing the occasional, "Fire in the Hole"...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expect to be hearing the occasional, "Fire in the Hole"...

I just read the changelog for 3.1, and I actually did a little dance when I read this:

Originally posted by Changelog
    "O Hand Grenades significantly reworked:
    - Reduced their research cost: 20 res -> 10 res (Classic Mode only)
    - Reduced the time between throw and detonation: 2.0s -> 0.75s
    - Hand Grenades can now be thrown before the prime grenade animation has finished, allowing faster throws.
    - Number of Hand Grenades equipped upon spawn has been increased: 1 -> 2"
    If I could I would put an animated picture of someone dancing in their chair here. But seeing as I have neither the picture, nor the ability to post said picture I will instead give you these words:

Fire

in

the

hole!!!!!

Expect to be hearing them, alot, for awile when I get on. Along with Keres, I was one of the ones who actually got hand grenades before. And I actually thought they were useful. Now....

Just duck and cover, 'cuase I'm gonna rock some poor skulks world!!!

In case you couldn't tell, I like this change, and I am excited about it... *ear to ear grin*
    "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Re: Expect to be hearing the occasional, "Fire in the Hole"...

SWEET.....thats it just purely sweet.

Comment

Re: Expect to be hearing the occasional, "Fire in the Hole"...

<3 <3 <3
      --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Re: Expect to be hearing the occasional, &quot;Fire in the Hole&quot;...

You forgot the other substantial change to Hand Grenades--they've been moved to slot 5.

I always thought Hand Grenades were somewhat useful, but that welders were MORE useful, and any upgrade that made you pay res to take more time to select that all-important welder wasn't really an upgrade at all. Now that that is no longer an issue, along with the other very nice changes, expect me to get Hand Grenades frequently too. Especially during testing, where we need to find out whether this change makes Hand Grenades genuinely balanced, or just a not-so-expensive waste of money. (Or maybe even--gasp--overpowered!)

Comment

I always liked researching grenades if I thought I could spare the res, but it's something I didn't do often, and rarely saw as a marine. These changes should make them actually useful and more fun! (of course the look on someones face when you actually manage a hand grenade kill will be slightly less one of shock)

Comment

I always had seperate binds for welder, mines, and grenade so having all three wouldn't be a problem. Did they make the throws any farther? It always seemed like they were tossed kinda limp for marines.

Comment

The throw may be a little anemic, but man do those things bounce! =P
              I got Handgrenades first in CO the other day for fun, on CO_Core, and was walking along that walkway above the pit when a skulk tried to bite my feet. I threw my primed grenade almost straight down, only to watch it bounce up and over the pit, and roll into the hallway on the far side...

I didn't hit anything, but it was kind of funny.

Comment

As far as I know, no changes to the range. They did seriously speed up the throw though.
                "Chance favors the prepared mind" -Sir Isaac Newton

Comment

If you want to throw a nade short range, you need to crouch before releasing and it will only go a couple feet.

Comment

From constie testing, I can most certainly tell you that the new hand grenades absolutely rock. The animation needs some tweaking to give it a final polish wants the timers are all set in stone, but thats really the only thing wrong with it. Quite the worthwhile investment.

EDIT: And as far as range goes, theres actually been some range loss because they detonate a lot faster rather than bouncing down a five mile long corridor, but the change is more than worth it.
                    --T3C[]-[]N0 []v[]UFF1N

The vending machine originated in Egypt in 215 B.C. Learn somethin new everyday, dontcha?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X