the most important skill: talent allocation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the most important skill: talent allocation

Sometimes, the most effective thing you can do in a new thread is delete paragraphs and replace it with a sentence, and that's what I'm doing right now. This is not rocket science folks. If you need help understanding what I'm trying to say, or if you don't believe it deserves the attention I've giving it, let me know, publicly or privately.

WHEN YOU JOIN A TEAM, TAKE A MINUTE TO THINK 20 MINUTES INTO THE FUTURE ABOUT HOW IT'S GOING TO IMPACT THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME.

Wyzcrak
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Wyz you absoulutly right when you join a team plz look at the teams not how many are on it but whos on it I wait till everybody in the rr is in a team Unless they are stacking on a teamand staking on a team isn't fair if you were a rine last round go alien give the aliens a chance to go rines dont just run in rines if you cant get in then THEN THAT MEANS GO ALIEN NOT JUST WAIT FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO GO ALIENS and Plz stop joining cause your friends are on the team if there is more than one TG on the winning team that does not mean we staked alot of other players are staking some of us are others arn't just cause we won and we are or have the tag TG does not mean we are godly players yeah some can shoot some are good at aliens others good at commbut we all follow orders if thats what it is just following orders its no secret do what the comm says and PLZ listen

and yes its one full sentace

Comment

I cant agree more with juggs or wyz, it really needs to stop, I am sick of always being an alien because all the TG guys want to be a marine with so and so.

Thats why I suck so bad as a marine, I'm hardly ever a marine (last night was the exception, I was a marine twice in a row, and we won both times) so I cant practice.

Comment

i usually just alternate every map...

aliens this map, marines the next and so on...

Comment

I try too also, but its hard when people pile into the marine spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
            I try too also, but its hard when people pile into the marine spawn.
            Same thing here. It sucks playing if the same people always joins the marines and you have to play aliens so teams will be even

Comment

See, Wolfie knows where I'm coming from...

Comment

Originally posted by billybob
                i usually just alternate every map...

aliens this map, marines the next and so on...
                It makes no difference which team you were on last game. If Nothing, Wyzcrak, and Polska are already on a team, and you consider yourself a power player, DON'T JOIN THAT TEAM. Unless, of course, you're just concerned about your own enjoyment (not a bad thing, sometimes ya gotta look out for number one :), but I'm referring to most of the time). Join the OTHER team, even if that means you have to play aliens or whatever two or three games in a row.

Wyzcrak

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

hey no problem here i dont care what team im on.....

ill wait till everyone else joins.... instead of being the first on the team...

Comment

I've tried that. It's not that simple. People (not all, obviously) won't join until I do. :(

Wyzcrak

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                      I've tried that. It's not that simple. People (not all, obviously) won't join until I do. :(

Wyzcrak
                      So join a team, let everyone pile on, then switch :P
                      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

That's what I've started doing. I'm shocked you said that, actually. I've been doing it for weeks now. But it shouldn't be necessary.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                          It makes no difference which team you were on last game. If Nothing, Wyzcrak, and Polska are already on a team, and you consider yourself a power player, DON'T JOIN THAT TEAM. Unless, of course, you're just concerned about your own enjoyment (not a bad thing, sometimes ya gotta look out for number one :), but I'm referring to most of the time). Join the OTHER team, even if that means you have to play aliens or whatever two or three games in a row.

Wyzcrak
                          I've made the heavy weight class!

Comment

Commanding will do that.

I was commanding on eclipse last week. We cleaned out a very alien-infested comp core hive. Game was moving quickly. Several marines knifing the last standing structure.. the res node. ... like ... 6 marines. I drop comp core res. I make it perfectly clear over voicecomm that I wanted the marines building that res to advance to sub3 the minute it's finished.

The res node finishes. One marine goes to sub3. The others stood in comp core staring at each other.

NothingMore gave me the res node. I've seen that pattern of unquestioning obedience a lot since he started comming.

That means the world to a competent commander.

Wyzcrak

Comment

Originally posted by Juggernaut
                              and yes its one full sentace

I love you jug. :D :D :D

Anyways, I completly agree. I don't think any of us disagree, but I've noticed that once in a while, I'll be on a team of all pubs while every other TG member is on the other team. It's just not fair, and it needs to stop.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X