3.1 skulk wall jumping/walking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.1 skulk wall jumping/walking

Josheh released a video of these things (he acknowledges the poor quality, but I had no qualm watching it).

Interesting. I was thinking the jump would have greater acceleration from the wall, but this seems very workable.

http://members.tacticalgamer.com/~wy...lljumping1.rar
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: 3.1 skulk wall jumping/walking

you jump off the wall in the direction you are looking. I havent really messed around with it, but it seems like it will give skulks a little more edge in ambushes if used properly.

I am a big fan of the +speed walking. It makes navigating difficult terrain a snap. No longer will skulks struggle to get ontop of a hive at clutch moments of a game.
    Steam Community: | |

Comment

looks almost exactly like it is now...

Comment

long time no see, adulus... welcome back.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

lol, Adulus killed {EMC}W0lf with "teeth like this".
          I warned ya, but did you listen to me? Nooo, you knew it all, didn't you?
          Oh, it's just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

Comment

Before when you jumped off a wall you would just unstick yourself an fall. Now with the new code you actually jump off the wall towards the direction you are looking. What you guys should really be interested in is the new wall/ceiling clinging. Try to cling to a ceiling, then look down and walk forward. In previous builds you would just unstick to the ceiling, but now you are stuck till you jump/hit duck.
            USAR

Comment

Well, you're only stuck as long as you're walking. Running is just like always with the exception of the walljumping.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X