Allow p_vouch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow p_vouch

Quite simple, It's annoying to be a reg and not able to vouch for others. I suggest allowing anyone with >5000 points to use the vouch command. Please don't make us spend points on it, as that would rapidly deplete our points.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Re: Allow p_vouch

There are a few alternatives I can think of to this dilemma.
    RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Originally posted by Vinzalf
      There are a few alternatives I can think of to this dilemma.
      Then share them, silly.

Rek... a fine idea. We will crack the whip on Wyz and see what he churns out.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't translate too well via text.

Easy step is to click here and the issue may vanish specifically for you.

The other solutions are a domino-like effect of the preceding solution, as regulars see others getting perks like this and being able to play as they wish, then they too will soon visit this page and again the solution will appear.
        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

I don't think this is a good idea. There are a lot of people with > 5000 points, and if vouch were made so readily available it would surely degenerate into a system where people just automatically vouch any guest who joins before they get kicked, which pretty much defeats the entire purpose of the system. This system wasn't implemented just for the purpose of being bypassed; if you want someone to be able to keep playing, tell them to sign up on the forums.

Comment

Yea, I'm not totally sure but I'm guessing that part of the reason this was implemented was to promote Tactical Gamer. And yes there is in fact a business side to this place.

While I think of the vouch command as a bonus perk to something I'd pay for anyways... It can also be used as incentive.

Looking at it that way, It's another thing to add to the list of possible incentives for becoming an SM, and if anyone who's played here for X number of games can use it, then it's one less reason for those who think of it as an incentive, to support TG as an SM.
            RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

As I think of it, anyone whose played here long enough to earn 5,000 points who hasnt yet become a member has not done so due to financial restrictions, but they are still likely extremely qualified in making decisions about whether or not someone has potential to become a valued member.

The incentive to join shouldnt be so that you can stop new people from being auto kicked, and this option + SM's being able to vouch would maximize the stream of filtered yet new blood, and ergo maximize the number of potential new SM's.

Another way of looking at it? You are more likely to get more SM's if you allow non SM's with experiance to recruit than you are to get from just SM's recruiting.

Comment

This is a very opinionated issue, but there are very valid points on both sides that should be discussed.

SM's have an incentive to using the vouch command, or using it properly rather. That is protecting an investment.

I wouldn't mind trying this for a while, but I just feel that the more people who have the vouch ability, the less evaluation will happen, i feel it will just become a passive activity done at the beginning of a game.
                RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Comment

I've created a compromise.

Established regulars (at least 10000 points, in this case) who are not supporting members may vouch for guests between the hours of 1AM CST and 7PM CST. The command is the same for all: voucher <name>.

This is now functional on the server. Please report any bugs you discover (for instance, your CO XP carrying over from map to map, or maybe your scoreboard not showing K/D).
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                    Established regulars (at least 10000 points, in this case) who are not supporting members may vouch for guests between the hours of 1AM CST and 7PM CST. The command is the same for all: voucher <name>.
                    I like it. My only change suggestion would be to make the feature enabled based on the number of supporting members on the server, not the time of day, but I suppose there are pluses and minuses to both methods.

Please report any bugs you discover (for instance, your CO XP carrying over from map to map, or maybe your scoreboard not showing K/D).
                    Damnit Wyz you shouldn't be allowed to pre-empt me like that.
                    Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

I've created a compromise.

This is now functional on the server. Please report any bugs you discover (for instance, your CO XP carrying over from map to map, or maybe your scoreboard not showing K/D).
                      Yes, I think a better system would be to allow >10k points to vouch if there are no supporting members on at the time.

That will, however, exclude me as I'm about to use my 10k for a tagline :P

And I have been thinking of becoming a SP, but the only thing holding me back is financial constraints.

So long and thanks for all the fish.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X