X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heads up, w/ <3

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/natural...es-server.html

Language: Broadcast television (not cable) rules apply. There is no swear filter installed on the server, however it is strongly discouraged. Mature, appropriate language is desired. Any regular (who, per community rules, has read all rules, including this one) who uses a racial or sexual slur may without warning receive a ban, the length of which would be determined by its issuer. Tolerance has its place, but no tolerance is shown for racial or sexual slurs.
    If I see people use the word 'gay' in the way it's typically (we're not typical, thank you) used in online gaming, I'm going to just ban you ( not likely perm, but you'll miss us :) ) and move on. I don't like banning people. Help me out.
    Last edited by Wyzcrak; 08-01-2014, 05:15 PM. Reason: removed broken tacticalwiki.com link
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: heads up, w/ &lt;3

Add to this lanugauge rule the term "rape".

We eliminated the usage of gay to describe something because that usage makes it seem like a bad thing to be gay. It is not. Inversely, using the verb rape to describe one team's victory over another makes rape sound like a good thing. It is not.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Re: heads up, w/ &lt;3

"Gay" and "rape" are two words which have always been disallowed on TGNS.

Our NS1 hard-and-fast rules were more verbose than what we have today. I made a conscious design decision with NS2 to keep our rules simpler to consume, and the following text was lost for a time.

I've just re-added the following advisory to our Rules page (linked in OP), just so there's no confusion:

"Any regular (who, per community rules, has read all rules, including this one) who uses a racial or sexual slur may without warning receive a ban, the length of which would be determined by its issuer. Tolerance has its place, but no tolerance is shown for racial or sexual slurs."
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X