Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server down for how long?

Wyz,

how long will the NS server be offline? It has been several days now.

Re: Server down for how long?

Messages on the board would indicate that no one elese is having problems connecting to the server.

The Tactical Gamer Webstie can't find its status either, however.

Comment

Hey Orlanth, if you are referring to the server status page it is known to not be reporting correctly for the NS server.

Might I recommend to the admins that the NS server be removed from the server status page until the problem can be resolved?
      Cool! Personalized plates! Barclay, Barry, Bert, Bort...come on...Bort?

Comment

The server is online. It has been the whole time. I'm not sure what you're using to query the server. I use HLSW 1.0.0.43. Great games have been played on the server all week.

I'll contact Apo about the server status.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Hmmm....

I've tried connecting from the console: connect 67.19.90.170:27015 and still can't connect. Are there any ips ranges that you block? Which port should I connect? My bookmark connection hasn't worked since ~Wed.

It seems that either valve or the VAC implementation changed something with STEAM. I was blocking traffic to offeroptimizer... range of ips and that was prevent me from connecting.

thanks for letting me know the server was up the whole time.

Comment

We block no IPs.

We block no ports.

I'm not sure what to tell you if you can't connect. One player had this before, and we never solved it.

Can you connect to other NS servers?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

havent been haxx0ring have you?
              RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

1.Are you behind a nat/router?
                Are you using a firewall?
                3.Are you using a MAC changer?
                Are you using Multipule IP Addresses?
                5.Do you have more than one ethernet card?
                Do you have a dial-up connection in addition to an ethernet card?

Comment

Maybe unrelated to the above, but I can't get to the server right now either. I've not had a problem up to now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage
                    Maybe unrelated to the above, but I can't get to the server right now either. I've not had a problem up to now.
                    As I just saw you on the server, could you please share what the fix was?
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

You guys who can't see the server.... what are you using to query it? Steam server browser? ASE? HLSW? Pigeons?

Comment

I was using the Steam browser at the time, which I use about 80% of the time (the "Servers" option from the Steam icon on the desktop, not the browser you get after launching NS).
                        However, it turns out that at the time I was apparently having some routing problems. I could get to some sites okay, but many were dropping packets or taking a really long time to load (websites).
                        After about 30 minutes it cleared up, but the NS server was still timing out in the desktop Steam browser (however, the CS server was showing up fine). Earlier, traceroutes to tgns.tacticalgamer.com were dropping packets all over the place en route, but now it was looking okay despite the desktop browser. At that point, I was actually able to connect from the "in game" browser (which showed NS responding okay).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X