Friendly Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friendly Fire

Will the server be FF on like before. i for one hope so as it will add that additional skill level.
    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Re: Friendly Fire

*Looks at url*

I think it's a safe bet we'll have FF on.
    Skud

Comment

Yes. I can't promise it will be on come Day 1 (whenever the day is) but yes.

Personally (as pokerface the person and not necessarily pokerface the GO), I'd prefer some smaller multiplier on FF in games like NS2 due to the nature of the combat and the tighter maps. I like FF to make people careful, but not outright punish people. That's just me on my soapbox though.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Based on the nade spamming I've been seeing so far, I will welcome FF ON!

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I wonder if there would be a way to have FF ON, but have it only trigger after x damage? Best of both worlds, yes? I agree with Poker, some maps could really hurt. Maybe the first 5-10 damage would be the grace period before your mag dump on a fellow marine kills him?
          Skud

Comment

Im going to try to set up a dedicated server on days off as a temp server till we get one going, unless you guys already have one. Im not sure if you have any mods or anything you guys want to try out. Ill post here when i have it up and running.
            Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

ok easier said than done
              Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

There may not be a friendly fire option...see loading screen tip on this screenshot: http://twitter.yfrog.com/ob62457425j
                "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

im sure there will be a FF=0 option, but i guess we have to wait to see
                  Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

even if there isnt i cant wait to get going on this TG server
                    Kalost_tpf/twitch.tv

Comment

As an avid NS1 player. FF on would be lolz silly.

Comment

It should be reduced if it is included, maybe 25% damage to friendlies so that players have to be careful but more than two skulks can bite a node and players can shoot the feet of Exos to clear skulks without killing them.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

NS1 had friendly fire deal 1/3 normal damage by default (1/2 to yourself if using explosives). I would assume we'd want something similar here, if possible. But does NS2 even have a friendly fire server setting? I know friendly fire isn't active on vanilla servers, it might be something you'd have to mod in.

Oh, and hey again everyone. It's been a long wait. =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X