TF2 with a Commander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF2 with a Commander

Watching a live stream of NS2 gameplay and one of the developers made that description of the game if I heard it right.

Accurate for those following the game for awhile or played the first?

I'm liking the game play and if the comparison is true I'm pre-ordering. $25 seems like a deal.

Is this a must have?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: TF2 with a Commander

I would say it is a must have if you liked the first for anything other than bunny hopping. The atmosphere is there, it is more fluid and engrossing in my opinion, and the artwork has kept up with the times for fast and loose game play.

I don't think it is anything like TF2 myself though, it is much more fun than that.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I think its a bad comparison, but I understand why they use it considering that there are a ton of people familiar with TF2.

If you've had any experience with the first NS it will feel very familiar. Those who were put off by steep leaning curve of the original should give this one a try. There is all kinds of feedback in game to help new players learn the ropes. Making the game more accessible has been one of the primary focuses for the developers this time around.

I would say its a must have, but I think my opinion is biased considering how much I played the original.
      Steam Community: | |

Comment

I pre-ordered. Based on the game play footage and tutorials I've been watching it looks pretty deep and team work is essential. I never played the original but looking forward to this game!
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi View Post
          If you've had any experience with the first NS it will feel very familiar. Those who were put off by steep leaning curve of the original should give this one a try. There is all kinds of feedback in game to help new players learn the ropes. Making the game more accessible has been one of the primary focuses for the developers this time around.
          That explains why I found NS2 so easy to jump into. I thought it was just evidence that I was subconsciously biased against NS back in the day.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I wish the alien side had some sort of weaponry. I just can't find the fun in running around biting things in an FPS. But, the overall concept is nice so I think I'll still give it a try and keep my fingers crossed for a marines vs marine mod.

Comment

This is more like Starcraft 2 + Counterstrike than anything.
              "Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidibly armed." -Richard Cypher

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X