Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS2 launches in 10 minutes! (8pm EDT)

Launch stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Re: NS2 launches in 10 minutes! (8pm EDT)

Apo, is the server ready? ;)

Comment

Charlie's ("Flayra") words from FB:

Hello everyone!

Now that we're about 30 minutes away from going live, I wanted to talk about training and rookies.

If you've been in the beta for awhile, please take a moment to make sure you've turned "rookie mode" off. The servers are going to be FLOODED with new players, so they will appear as rookies (chat will be green, player names in green, etc.).

A community grows from a seed, and through the daily actions of its members. As an early member, YOU are that seed. New players coming in tonight and throughout Halloween will largely decide how to act by following the actions of YOU. So please, take a moment to help someone.

If you see someone in green staring at a wall, or milling around aimlessly, pipe up over you mic and ask if they need help. Use their name to get their attention. Gently guide them if they step in the command chair - one day they may be incredible, even if right now they know nothing!

Remember that everyone started as a rookie!

-Charlie

Comment

I am claiming "UWE Official NA-Central #36" for TG. Server IP is 69.162.110.234:28115

-- scratch that. Server crashed pretty quick. Just look me up on steam. Screenname is kormendi
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Just had my first real game.

90 minute game, team full of rookies and I was the only non-green. In the end we all gave up and F4'd because the alien's lack of coordination meant they couldn't win, but our lack of resources meant we just traded the same 3 rooms back and forth for 30 minutes. Still, fantastic.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
          <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
          DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Hello. So this game is pretty great.

Comment

Sweet Potatoes and CINNAMON this game is amazingly fun.

Polish everywhere I look. So much more automated help, which lessens fatigue on humans who help, which makes for a warmer community for new players.

So much potential.
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Just got the game last night. Would love to play with TG folks, but not sure how to find and join you in-game. I'm still very new to this game, not having played the original.

I looked on TS, but there is no channel dedicated for NS2 as of this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Servo View Post
                  Just got the game last night. Would love to play with TG folks, but not sure how to find and join you in-game.
                  Take a look at the Tactical Gamer NS Waiting Room steam group. Not everyone in there is active anymore, but most likely if someone on there is playing NS2 you can join the game they are in and more will follow.

I'll probably be playing tonight, feel free to send me a message on steam and we'll find a server to play on.
                  Steam Community: | |

Comment

Oh, it has been too long! I have a 16 lb terrorist consuming every waking moment, maybe if I forgo sleep...
                    Rm 14:2 NIV
                    One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

Comment

That's what I'm doing :D!
                      sigpic

Comment

My house is damaged due to hurricane sandy, i'll see you when things are fixed and i have a solid internet connection.
                        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

I heard you guys play this game called natural selection 2, it looks pretty cool.

Comment

I had a fun first time even though I was running around headless. I jumped in on Bisclaveret's game and fortunately for me the game was on a new player server - smart idea dev's. Commander was chatty and the team was working well. Got disconnected and joined another server - not as much fun - total lack of everything - no coordination, talking, etc.

Game is all about team play.
                            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                            - Check me out on The Onion
                            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Look at all those old faces :) If it wasn't for my eve online addiction I'd be playing NS2 a lot more. Figured I'd play some games for the v1.0 release, game looks great.
                              Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                              Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X